Waking up from the dream.....

Hear me out for a few minutes.

A while back I wrote a post that my dream would be to see Oklahoma and Nebraska play the Game of the Century III only because of it's tradition. However they have parted ways since divisions are now the structure of the Big XII.

With that said, I try to keep up with college football history news and current events. What crossed my mined that Oklahoma and Nebraska never played for a championship. They had the Game of the century and Game of the century II. They played this game to respect each other team. They didn't like us and we didn't like them.

However....I was reading in the archives of college football that...

I read that Oklahoma and Nebraska DID actually have ONLY one championship game. That was in the 1979 Orange Bowl. The 1979 Orange bowl was the one and only game that Nebraska and Oklahoma battle for a championship.

Now here, we are in the present..I logged on to huskers.com website and see what could happen. Nebraska is picked for the North and Oklahoma is picked for the South in the championship game. It could happen.....

Then it finally hit me....we are in a new century. Hmmmm

Hear me out for a few minutes.

A while back I wrote a post that my dream would be to see Oklahoma and Nebraska play the Game of the Century III only because of it's tradition. However they have parted ways since divisions are now the structure of the Big XII.

With that said, I try to keep up with college football history news and current events. What crossed my mined that Oklahoma and Nebraska never played for a championship. They had the Game of the century and Game of the century II. They played this game to respect each other team. They didn't like us and we didn't like them.

However....I was reading in the archives of college football that...

I read that Oklahoma and Nebraska DID actually have ONLY one championship game. That was in the 1979 Orange Bowl. The 1979 Orange bowl was the one and only game that Nebraska and Oklahoma battle for a championship.

Now here, we are in the present..I logged on to huskers.com website and see what could happen. Nebraska is picked for the North and Oklahoma is picked for the South in the championship game. It could happen.....

Then it finally hit me....we are in a new century. Hmmmm

So all of them times they battled for the Big 8 championship

that does not count? ;)

That's right. NU and OU constantly battled for the Big 8 crown. And that is totally untrue about the '79 Orange Bowl that we lost 31-24. That game meant nothing, and there was no championship. The game that really mattered was several weeks earlier in '78 when NU defeated OU 17-14. That was Tom Osborne's first victory over OU, and gave the Huskers a share of the Big 8 Crown. (NU could had won the whole crown, but they lost to MU the following week, 35-31.) And it was to Osborne's dismay when OU was invited to play NU in the Orange Bowl. This contributed to Osborne looking at the coaching job at Colorado. He got the monkey off his back, and it was put right back on him.

HEY! Those Teams from Texas generally don't do to shabily. (Except for Baylor). I love Nebraska too, but watch yourselves. Neither the Texas nor the A&M game will be easy for you guys. You'll have to show up big to take both to ease your shot at the Big XII North Title.

I gotta say that Baylor looked better than the Aggies last year. Unless something has changed at College Station, I dont see the Aggies as a threat to anyone but themselves.

i had a dream last night...

... i was driving thru the desert in an open-top chevy with woody harlson and antonio banderas. we pull over to a quickshop when woody says he's hungry and wants to by some chips.

i go to an ATM and accidently withdraw $2000 dollars. that's way too much money and don't want to keep it with me. woody harlson says he'll keep my money safe, but antonio banderas says not to do it.

i ignore antonio and give woody the money.

a little later, as i'm leaving the store, banderas stops me and says, "i warned you, but you didin't listen."

i get out to the car and i figure out what banderas was talking about.

next to the car, is a horse and a six foot tall chicken.

that's right, woody harlson blew my hard earned cash on a horse and a six foot tall chicken!

i am madder than hell and i'm about to wake-up, and that's when woody says the words that will follow me to the grave...

"look, i know the horse was over the top," says woody harlson. "but, dude... it's a six foot tall chicken!"

and then i woke-up.

what does this mean to nebraska football? probably nothing, just thought i'd share.

but i swear to sweet baby jesus, if i ever meet woody harlson... i am gonna punch him in the throat.

Maybe I wasn't clear about what a championship game is. People know that Oklahoma and Nebraska always played each other for the Big 8 crown. That has enough history for me to get into and for people to listen.

My point was that Oklahoma and Nebraska only played ONE Championship game. It would be cool to see them play another one and it looks like it "could" happen this year.

i had a dream last night...

... i was driving thru the desert in an open-top chevy with woody harlson and antonio banderas. we pull over to a quickshop when woody says he's hungry and wants to by some chips.

i go to an ATM and accidently withdraw $2000 dollars. that's way too much money and don't want to keep it with me. woody harlson says he'll keep my money safe, but antonio banderas says not to do it.

i ignore antonio and give woody the money.

a little later, as i'm leaving the store, banderas stops me and says, "i warned you, but you didin't listen."

i get out to the car and i figure out what banderas was talking about.

next to the car, is a horse and a six foot tall chicken.

that's right, woody harlson blew my hard earned cash on a horse and a six foot tall chicken!

i am madder than hell and i'm about to wake-up, and that's when woody says the words that will follow me to the grave...

"look, i know the horse was over the top," says woody harlson. "but, dude... it's a six foot tall chicken!"

and then i woke-up.

what does this mean to nebraska football? probably nothing, just thought i'd share.

but i swear to sweet baby jesus, if i ever meet woody harlson... i am gonna punch him in the throat.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that had this dream..........