Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

21 hours ago, skersfan said:

Los Angeles mayor just stated he did not see large gatherings in the state until 2021.   Including concerts, and pro football.  He did not specifically mention college football.  

To be fair, there is no such thing anymore as a large gathering of people to watch a college football game in California.

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, nupowr said:

Everybody wants to have some type of a season but we need to think about the many 65+ yr. okd workers who are around the NU sports programs.   

I can wait a whole year if necessary to make sure this thing is under control.

Waiting a whole year isn't the only way to solve that problem.

• Plus1 1

A shortened season of 9-10 games would take the regular season probably until around May. Then you'd have a month of postseason, and either a summer practice window or extend fall camp longer for the next season and then hopefully back to normal or another shortened season in the fall to protect the players from the grind of two football seasons in one year. 

It'd be a logistical mess but is definitely doable.

3 hours ago, Landlord said:

A shortened season of 9-10 games would take the regular season probably until around May. Then you'd have a month of postseason, and either a summer practice window or extend fall camp longer for the next season and then hopefully back to normal or another shortened season in the fall to protect the players from the grind of two football seasons in one year. 

It'd be a logistical mess but is definitely doable.

I don't think you spend a month in post season.  You have your play off and maybe a few other games.  No where close to the 372 bowl games with packed stadiums and everyone glued to the TV for in a normal season.

I think this is doable.  College baseball and track isn't going to like it but...so what.  This is helping pay for their sports.

7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I don't think you spend a month in post season.  You have your play off and maybe a few other games.  No where close to the 372 bowl games with packed stadiums and everyone glued to the TV for in a normal season.

I think this is doable.  College baseball and track isn't going to like it but...so what.  This is helping pay for their sports.

Even if you only had conference championships and the playoff, that'd still need to be a month imo

With the comments coming today, that the winter season could be even worse, the only way they play in the fall or spring is with a vaccine proven and tested.

Although, in Riverside County, California they are ending some of the restrictions.  Hiking trails, bike trails, lakes and parks are opening up, or are open as of yesterday.  Parks are opening, but no parking.  Same as the beaches in Ventura County.

Ouray, Colorado is stiffening their quarantine rules somewhat.  Received a letter stating if I came back to the summer house, I would have to self quarantine for 14 days.  Monitored I guess.  Fines the whole deal.  Was planning a mountain bike trip to the area for mid May.   Looks like that will be cancelled.  

I think most in SoCal are over the stay at home order, and it seems are already beginning to ignore it.  My job is essential so I have been out and about on occasion.   It seemed to be way busier this past Sunday.  Many on hiking trails and bike trails, city streets with traffic.

I haven't seen the local news for today.  It maybe completely different who knows.    

It's interesting to see those numbers and combine them with the concensus that they won't start the season without kids on campus.  Are they thinking kids won't be allowed back until right before the normal August start dates so they are allowing some conditioning time before the games start?  Are they somehow thinking kids won't be on campus to start the semester but then will come back to campus sometime during the semester?

53 minutes ago, Red Five said:

So basically one AD out of 130 thinks no football.  Probably won’t find out who.   Also, clearly 14% of the AD’s are out of their minds if they think there’s going to be football this year and it’s going to start sometime in the next two months.