Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

On 5/6/2020 at 12:36 PM, gossamorharpy said:

I don't know if the main concern is lack of students on campus.  I would think the bigger concern is, what do you do with a team where 1-5 people get sick and you have a utah jazz/ nets situation where a whole team is quarantined?

I feel like no kids on campus might actually make football easier to pull off as they could just house them on campus, minimal people and still play games with no fans which is going to be the situation anyways.  Meanwhile, they would still be remote students like everyone else will most likely be come the fall

Say goodbye to any amateurism arguments if football is played without students on campus.  Also, I think Klatt is nuts.  Kids are much safer at home than on campus.  

A physician acquaintance of mine, whose medical opinions I hold in very high regard,    predicts there will be some sort of CFB season and there start will be delayed a month or two.   Not only is he very intelligent, but he’s very conservative and too.  So take that for what it’s worth.  I figured I’d pass this opinion along since I’ve weighed in on this and have taken a more pessimistic view of the season chances.  I still maintain that widespread reliable testing availability is the only way it happens though.  

On 5/7/2020 at 11:06 PM, southernoregonhusker said:

Say goodbye to any amateurism arguments if football is played without students on campus.  Also, I think Klatt is nuts.  Kids are much safer at home than on campus.  

I mean, i think we all said good bye to amateurism close to 2 decades ago, no?

I did not see the Klatt comments... I would say obviously kids are way safer at home, I was more making the argument that if theres no regular students on campus than the football players would be in an ever safer situation with no one else there... but obviously nothing tops being at home interacting with no one as far as thats concerned

1 hour ago, gossamorharpy said:

I mean, i think we all said good bye to amateurism close to 2 decades ago, no?

I did not see the Klatt comments... I would say obviously kids are way safer at home, I was more making the argument that if theres no regular students on campus than the football players would be in an ever safer situation with no one else there... but obviously nothing tops being at home interacting with no one as far as thats concerned

There are those who still cling to the amateurism angle when discussing the payment of players.  

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Not a guarantee they won't have games, but it's certainly looking less likely, especially for the PAC-12. If some conferences have games and others don't, imagine all the attempts to transfer and the other mass chaos. So many uncertainties.

Id imagine if there are a bunch of schools without sports and another group with, then the NCAA may have all sorts of conflicts from

money sharing to regulations, recruiting, eligibility, championships, record. books, etc

I really think the mess will be monumental and even threatens conference unity and so on.  Bowls  not likely in the “shutdown” states etc.  

The NCAA is going to have to consider an all or none ruling on football etc. I think.  

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Not a guarantee they won't have games, but it's certainly looking less likely, especially for the PAC-12. If some conferences have games and others don't, imagine all the attempts to transfer and the other mass chaos. So many uncertainties.