Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

1 hour ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Id imagine if there are a bunch of schools without sports and another group with, then the NCAA may have all sorts of conflicts from

money sharing to regulations, recruiting, eligibility, championships, record. books, etc

I really think the mess will be monumental and even threatens conference unity and so on.  Bowls  not likely in the “shutdown” states etc.  

The NCAA is going to have to consider an all or none ruling on football etc. I think.  

i would guess not attending school would make all the players all ineligible, as not every class could be on line attendance.

even the NFL will struggle......imagine every week someone will be on the unable to perform list with co void.

2 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

i would guess not attending school would make all the players all ineligible, as not every class could be on line attendance.

even the NFL will struggle......imagine every week someone will be on the unable to perform list with co void.

Well maybe but until we have the important data released (actual infection rates across the entire population) it is impossible to tell.  

It may well be that the mortality

rate is very very low and all the shutdown / social distancing / etc was basically for naught.  By fall it may be that 65% or more of population has already had the virus.  That will make all the fuss over trying to contain the spread useless and fiscally stupid beyond all comprehension.  The med “experts” who drove the bus into the grand canyon economically will never be believed / trusted again. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1

I would say late September would not be a bad start time if they needed to extend it. No fans is probably what will happen for safety measures. Recruits may be allowed but would not be able to be on the sideline during the game. This is of course a way too early prediction but I just do not see them starting the season on time. 

I think they will play a 10 game season which leaves one OOC game.. They have a few weeks to play with in December and can move back CCG if needed. Won't affect much because there will be no fans anyway. Maybe ESPN crew will divide up and cheer. 

2 hours ago, Branno said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/how-could-california-state-university-systems-decision-to-go-online-only-in-fall-affect-college-football-032940912.html

I see it’s already been posted, but this makes me think it’s not gonna happen. Probably for the best since it looks like infections rates aren’t slowing and the death toll as reported is lower than it most likely is. 

I think if this is an indication of anything, it's that it's more likely going to be a conference by conference, regional decision. For example, the SEC probably has some form of a season given the approach we are already seeing in the South.

13 hours ago, theknife said:

I think if this is an indication of anything, it's that it's more likely going to be a conference by conference, regional decision. For example, the SEC probably has some form of a season given the approach we are already seeing in the South.

Scheduling is going to be a nightmare, even if it's conference by conference. Let's say New Jersey and Maryland go online only. They won't be playing any football.

18 hours ago, Mavric said:

I wouldn't read much into that. This is SEC country we're talking about, they're gonna do it whether they should or not.

• Fire 1
39 minutes ago, Toe said:

I wouldn't read much into that. This is SEC country we're talking about, they're gonna do it whether they should or not.

agree, the fanatic fan base will insist on college football.

5 hours ago, Mavric said:

“I would say I’m a little more optimistic today than I was two weeks ago,” Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby says. “Some of that is having been on the calls with the White House. One of the things we heard is that it’s expected that testing nationally is going to double every month from now on.”

And he believes the s#!t the White House says? I see the Big 12's leadership is about as clueful as it was when we left...

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1