Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

32 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

One other thing to note and it is mostly because I am too lazy to look it up. But someone was comparing us to some other countries who have had way less deaths and infections than the US. How many countries in the world have a population that even remotely compares to the US. I know China and India have way more. But you cant compare us to a country who has like 10 million residents when we have like 350 million. Before the virus even got the the US I knew we were going to get hit hard because we are like the most obese and unhealthy country in the world. So lets not overlook that as a contributing factor to our death rates. The other country that got hit hard was Italy and they have a large elderly population. It seems the elderly and obese people under 55 get hit the hardest. We have alot of fat people under 55. 

There's tons of live stats available 24/7 and they let you break it out however you want. You're talking about per capita deaths, which is easily figured. Right now the U.S. is #6 in per capita deaths. France, Italy, Spain, Sweden, UK and Belgium have a higher per capita death rate than the U.S., but they are trending down in infections while the U.S. is spiking up. 

Another way some look at it is that the U.S. has 5% of the global population and 25% of the COVID deaths. 

Global fatality rates have dropped significantly even as infection rates have risen, which is happening in the U.S. too. This is a good thing, and we can only hope it carries through the new surge. 

A lot of folks use Johns Hopkins, but Worldometer is easier to read:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ 

13 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

None of these are gut feelings.  They are simple logic based on numbers widely reported.  Thot is sometimes used as a form of thought btw per my quick dictionary check.  I believe most readers know I wasnt referring to a prostitute by context.  lol. 

I honestly don't think your numbers or logic would hold up in a court of law, which is a bit ironic. 

55 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

One other thing to note and it is mostly because I am too lazy to look it up. But someone was comparing us to some other countries who have had way less deaths and infections than the US.

Assuming it was my posts comparing us to other countries, but you can look at it however you want and we still suck compared to them. Other countries have effectively curtailed their outbreaks so population really has no effect. Germany has a population of 80 million and has roughly 600 cases per day. So, our population is 4.5 times theirs and we have 40,000 cases per day or 66 times theirs.

Break it down by capita, per 1,000 people, per 100,000 people, total numbers however you want the US is among the worst when it comes to deaths and infections. Also, all the countries I compared us too are either trending lower in daily case count or are roughly the same while we are increasing exponentially.

Yeah, there is not going to be a season, there just won't.  Between people still protesting and being on top of each other, between Rhonda and her friends, Tessa, Tawny and Becca that are taking her out to meet guys because she is finally ready to date again after her divorce, and all the students already back on HS grounds and college campuses that are getting it...there is, at the very least, going to be no sports.  

All of you that coach a fall sport...are about to get paid for not coaching.  Assuming you have stopped in and signed that contract that your AD put in your mailbox a month ago.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I honestly don't think your numbers or logic would hold up in a court of law, which is a bit ironic. 

My numbers come from the NY times daily updares.  The multiples are as I said from CDC, Stanford USC, Johns Hopkins, etal.  

It is just not debatable that many people get the virus and have few or any symptoms and dont ever get tested or counted.  Far more than do.   None of these millions and millions are being included in any reported news stories, nor in the death rates.  People are being misled badly about risks.  Period. 

These are facts.  They compare to other flus etc., statistically.  But you will never get these from most media outlets.  why?   Please explain.  Then I am done on this never ending back n forth.  We will agree to disagree no doubt forever.  

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

None of these millions and millions are being included in any reported news stories, nor in the death rates.  People are being misled badly about risks.  Period. 

These are facts.  They compare to other flus etc., statistically.  But you will never get these from most media outlets.

This is simply untrue. COVID-19 has been THE story on every media outlet for four months. Stats are posted daily.

• Plus1 1
38 minutes ago, knapplc said:

They are. A ton of articles qualify their reporting with "known" cases and there have been tons of stories about this.

ABC

NBC

CBS

FOX

CNN

PBS

USAToday

Washington Post

That's just off the top of my head. Which members of "the media" aren't reporting on uncounted deaths?

I hear you, I was just making a joke about reporting things we don't know. It's hard to be sarcastic on the internet. :)

• Plus1 1

42 minutes ago, knapplc said:

They are. A ton of articles qualify their reporting with "known" cases and there have been tons of stories about this.

ABC

NBC

CBS

FOX

CNN

PBS

USAToday

Washington Post

That's just off the top of my head. Which members of "the media" aren't reporting on uncounted deaths?

Responding to a narrative complete with numerous links showing their worldview is out of whack in 2020?

Bold.

If this thread has taught me anything it's that some people will create their own facts and pick and choose what they want to believe. The overwhelming evidence is that masks help limit the spread yet we have our own bunch of Einsteins that want to dispute that regardless how many times they're told and no matter what experts have to say about it. It's pure lunacy.

I guess I shouldn't blame the idiots who spout this nonsense. In a way it isn't totally their own fault.  Our society has made it virtually impossible to separate fact from fiction. There are way too many supposed news sources and way too many people in charge that thrive on bad information because it serves their ulterior motives. But I still won't cut anyone any slack that can't see the common sense in the good wearing a mask provides. It's so simple it hurts. If fewer of an infected persons respiratory droplets get out, anyone with a heartbeat should be able to figure out the benefit. Yet here we are, clowns to the left of me and jokers to the right. It's maddening.

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

If this thread has taught me anything it's that some people will create their own facts and pick and choose what they want to believe. The overwhelming evidence is that masks help limit the spread yet we have our own bunch of Einsteins that want to dispute that regardless how many times they're told and no matter what experts have to say about it. It's pure lunacy.

I guess I shouldn't blame the idiots who spout this nonsense. In a way it isn't totally their own fault.  Our society has made it virtually impossible to separate fact from fiction. There are way too many supposed news sources and way too many people in charge that thrive on bad information because it serves their ulterior motives. But I still won't cut anyone any slack that can't see the common sense in the good wearing a mask provides. It's so simple it hurts. If fewer of an infected persons respiratory droplets get out, anyone with a heartbeat should be able to figure out the benefit. Yet here we are, fools to the left and fools to the right. It's maddening.

I thought it was clowns and jokers!

9 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I guess I shouldn't blame the idiots who spout this nonsense. In a way it isn't totally their own fault.  Our society has made it virtually impossible to separate fact from fiction. There are way too many supposed news sources and way too many people in charge that thrive on bad information because it serves their ulterior motives. But I still won't cut anyone any slack that can't see the common sense in the good wearing a mask provides. It's so simple it hurts. If fewer of an infected persons respiratory droplets get out, anyone with a heartbeat should be able to figure out the benefit. Yet here we are, fools to the left and fools to the right. It's maddening.

This is why I will always love you. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1