Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

18 minutes ago, knapplc said:

People fail to see how masks would help because they're using bad information. If we had worn masks in March, April, and May like we were supposed to, we wouldn't have the vast community spread like we do now. Players could more safely (not "safely," but more safely) gather to work out without risking getting the disease. We stopped quarantining and most importantly stopped wearing masks (or never did in the first place) and now here we are today with that curve going sharply up and Fauci predicting we could have 100,000 new cases per day.

We won't have football this Fall because too many people have resisted wearing masks for... reasons. 

I have seen the experts recently saying transmitting the virus outside is much more unlikely. That was one of the defenses of the riots. But then all of a sudden the people at beaches were to blame. I’m just saying I dont trust much of what I hear these days. 

Also when the data changes and opinions change every few days or every week. It’s hard to call someone an expert. Rather someone who has experience studying viruses but no one is an expert on coronavirus covid 19. That’s pretty obvious 

• Fire 2

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Another interesting tidbit to add to the testing numbers debate. I heard something interesting yesterday. A family friend out in Washington went to the hospital with an injury. Got treated and went home. They called him later and said you tested positive for covid, his response was I was never tested, so the hospital said would you like to be tested. WTF guys. This is a mess and how accurate are some of these testing numbers 

Your random anecdote of dubious veracity has convinced me to never wear a mask. FREEDOM!!!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

I have seen the experts recently saying transmitting the virus outside is much more unlikely. That was one of the defenses of the riots. But then all of a sudden the people at beaches were to blame. I’m just saying I dont trust much of what I hear these days. 

Also when the data changes and opinions change every few days or every week. It’s hard to call someone an expert. Rather someone who has experience studying viruses but no one is an expert on coronavirus covid 19. That’s pretty obvious 

I'll just say that this is a fantastic time for Americans to assess where they're getting their information from. And if the people/places they've gotten their information from have led them to not wearing masks and not taking precautions that the rest of the world has taken, it's probably a really good time to stop listening to those sources.

• Plus1 4
24 minutes ago, knapplc said:

We won't have football this Fall because too many people have resisted wearing masks for... reasons. 

To be clear, those "reasons" are that way too many people in this country are selfish and/or stupid. It's that simple. Every person that doesn't wear a mask or that pitches some argument against wearing them, it can be boiled down to one or both of those things. I don't care how nice or reasonable those people otherwise appear to be. They are selfish and/or stupid.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Ulty said:

Your random anecdote of dubious veracity has convinced me to never wear a mask. FREEDOM!!!

That post has nothing to do with wearing a mask. I’m sure you have been waiting to post this witty comment to get some likes, but it’s interesting information about what is happening. I never said I am against wearing a mask- I said I don’t see how it helps football. If 3 months of lockdown didn’t stop it when we opened up I doubt masks will too. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I'll just say that this is a fantastic time for Americans to assess where they're getting their information from. And if the people/places they've gotten their information from have led them to not wearing masks and not taking precautions that the rest of the world has taken, it's probably a really good time to stop listening to those sources.

If journalism had the same standards as years ago people would trust what we read. 

• Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I never said I am against wearing a mask- I said I don’t see how it helps football.

Coaches, ADs, conference heads, epidemiologists and other experts do, and they've been telling you to wear a mask for months.

Do you wear a mask when you go out? If not, why not?

• Plus1 1

Of course mask wearing would help the chances of playing football, just as it helps the chances of doing anything. If the spread is out of control, we won't have football, concerts, open restaurants, large gatherings, etc. The pandemic does not have to be completely over or of absolutely no threat, it just has to be under reasonable control and then we'll be able to do these things. Really, it's not that hard to figure out.

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Not really, I said in multiple posts I am not opposed to wearing a mask. I just don’t blindly follow what the “experts” say without having my own doubts and questions. 

So some experts are "experts" and you don't blindly follow them. Which experts are you listening to? I'd love to read up and broaden my knowledge of this situation.  Please share.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Of course mask wearing would help the chances of playing football, just as it helps the chances of doing anything. If the spread is out of control, we won't have football, concerts, open restaurants, large gatherings, etc. The pandemic does not have to be completely over or of absolutely no threat, it just has to be under reasonable control and then we'll be able to do these things. Really, it's not that hard to figure out.

Not that clear cut, and that is not hard to figure out either. If we wear masks and it seems under control so we allow full stadiums or people in stadiums and tailgating and outbreaks start again. No football? Teams start getting mass infections because they were sheltered for 6 months leading up to season. No football? My point is simply I don’t see how wearing a mask now provides a solution to those questions I have seen discussed for 30 pages on this thread. It doesn’t matter if it’s in control in August- that just means football may start and get what 2-3 weeks 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
Just now, knapplc said:

So some experts are "experts" and you don't blindly follow them. Which experts are you listening to? I'd love to read up and broaden my knowledge of this situation.  Please share.

I don’t follow any experts on covid 19- there are no experts on covid 19. Do you believe there is an expert who knows all on. Covid 19 ? 

• Fire 1
Just now, Huskers93-97 said:

I don’t follow any experts on covid 19- there are no experts on covid 19. Do you believe there is an expert who knows all on. Covid 19 ? 

No, I'm asking where you're getting your information from. Where do these beliefs that you're sharing about masks come from?