Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

1 minute ago, Hilltop said:

This isn't the Spanish Flu.  Modern Medicine is light years ahead of 1918.  We have solid information on how to avoid the spread.

Honestly? When it comes to actual treatments for most viral infections (that aren't prevented with vaccines), we're really not that much farther ahead. We've got antibiotics, but that's for bacterial infections, not viruses. There's still no cure for the common cold, or flu (Spanish or otherwise), or coronavirus. About all we can really do is treat the symptoms (which is one area where we're much better off) and hope the body can purge the virus on its own. The basic methods we're using to prevent the spread - spacing and masks - are about the same now as they were then.

tech5.JPG

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, Hilltop said:

This isn't the Spanish Flu.  Modern Medicine is light years ahead of 1918.  We have solid information on how to avoid the spread.  The numbers would be much better if we could get some of the non-English speaking minority groups on the same page.  Take a look at the nationwide demographics and where a large percentage of the cases are.  Keeping the country under lock down isn't going to fix that.     

There are a lot of pow income individuals that feel they need to work - they either dont understand that there is $$$ help for them or they are illegal and know that they only have 1 option

6 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Do you believe there should be 80,000 fans in attendance?

What do you think, it's a subject worth discussing. Maybe half capacity, maybe less, maybe more. I know this, Covid19 will be waiting for you and I when we decide to come out and work or play. It's not going away. In fact the flattening of the curve has prolonged the inevitable and I'm not saying we shouldn't have done everything possible to flatten the curve.  The odds are very high, in the near term, that many, if not most, people will contract this virus sooner or later and they will make it thru or they won't. The current data says most people will be ok and I am not downplaying those that didn't make it or won't make it. I would suggest people start, if they haven't already, to do anything and everything they can to build up their immune system and their personal health. That is the first and best line of defense. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

If they reduce stadium capacity, how do they decide who gets in and who doesn't? Do they do away with the student section to make more room for paid seats? Does the price of each seat go up since there's fewer available?

• Fire 1
5 hours ago, TheBigRed1 said:

What do you think, it's a subject worth discussing. Maybe half capacity, maybe less, maybe more.

If they end up playing, I think there’s going to be some fans, but more like 1/4 capacity maximum.  Staff all over the place making sure people are adhering to whatever the prescribed precautions are at the time.  Concession limitations,etc.  But this is all a big IF at this point.  If we as a country screw this whole reopening and relaxing thing up resulting in a curve that isn’t so flat anymore, then I’d say the likelihood of fans takes a nosedive.  If hospitals begin to fill up with Covid patients then well...we all know by now what that means.  

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Toe said:

If they reduce stadium capacity, how do they decide who gets in and who doesn't? Do they do away with the student section to make more room for paid seats? Does the price of each seat go up since there's fewer available?

And what options are there for us who have already paid in full for the tickets/donation?   These are all great questions that I’m sure are being hashed out every day in the athletic department.  Mr Moos is definitely going to earn his paycheck this season.  

2 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

And what options are there for us who have already paid in full for the tickets/donation?   These are all great questions that I’m sure are being hashed out every day in the athletic department.  Mr Moos is definitely going to earn his paycheck this season.  

They are not going to limit it (my guess), they are going to tell you to wear husker masks (my guess) and hope for the best.

• Fire 1