Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

If there are fans at the stadium it seems silly to restrict the #'s if you go with the idea that you need to leave one seat in between each in all directions that would mean in a pocket of 9 seats only one could be used and if you go to the game with someone you would want to sit next to them... It seems like the rules for reduction would be hard to implement 

• Haha 1

Man, how far we've come as a society. If the news/data support your opinion, great. If the news/data doesn't support your opinion, we must be being lied to. 

https://twitter.com/scottgottliebmd/media?lang=en should be a mandatory follow on Twitter, I read everything he puts out daily and you should too. Unbiased numbers and medical opinion on what is happening. He was interviewed yesterday and said to expect a continued decline in June and then watch numbers fall off a cliff in July/August. He does expect, like everyone else, spikes in the fall. 

But if no one is getting sick in August... I don't see how you don't start the season. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Atbone95 said:

Man, how far we've come as a society. If the news/data support your opinion, great. If the news/data doesn't support your opinion, we must be being lied to. 

https://twitter.com/scottgottliebmd/media?lang=en should be a mandatory follow on Twitter, I read everything he puts out daily and you should too. Unbiased numbers and medical opinion on what is happening. He was interviewed yesterday and said to expect a continued decline in June and then watch numbers fall off a cliff in July/August. He does expect, like everyone else, spikes in the fall. 

But if no one is getting sick in August... I don't see how you don't start the season. 

His opinion might be unbiased, but he's relying on numbers and information that might not be. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

His opinion might be unbiased, but he's relying on numbers and information that might not be. 

See the first line in my post. 

They are the numbers we have. So we can b!^@h and whine about numbers we don't like, or use the data available to make smart decisions. If the numbers aren't supporting your argument, they must be inaccurate. It is exhausting. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
11 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

Gottlieb is by far the best follow on this regardless of your political leanings. 

• Fire 1

Guy, for the record, I am a minority.  I'm not being racist, just stating facts.  I also work an essential job so you can stay safe and sound at home.  The demographics are telling the story just about everywhere.  Yes, all races are catching it but it's very disproportionate to minorities.  Most on here are intelligent enough to understand why.  The bottom line is we aren't stopping this virus.  Most of us will catch it eventually.  Modern medicine and intelligence will help the vast majority of us make it through just fine.  May as well get back to living.... And football!

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2

30 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Let's keep the discussion above board.  There are going to be disagreements.  But there isn't a need to tell people they don't care about people dying or they need to go back to Jr. High.

Might be time to move some posts to one of the other COVID-19 threads, to keep this one to its actual topic.

• Fire 1
7 minutes ago, Toe said:

Might be time to move some posts to one of the other COVID-19 threads, to keep this one to its actual topic.

Yeah, I started to do that yesterday.  But there were several pages worth so I gave up.  I'll see if I can work on that today.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1