Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

On 5/22/2020 at 9:01 PM, Toe said:

If they reduce stadium capacity, how do they decide who gets in and who doesn't? Do they do away with the student section to make more room for paid seats? Does the price of each seat go up since there's fewer available?

Well, student tickets are paid for. They may appear to be artificially cheaper than others but I assure you they are not. My question would be do they do away with more standard tickets so that the students (who should have first priority) may still attend?

I believe there will be a season.  I haven't really thought much about having fans in the stands.  I highly doubt I would be able to make to a game this year anyway.  I know people love going to the games and watching in person and not having fans in the stands hurts the revenue of every school.  Why not just say no fans (maybe family members)  and just make every game available on a Pay per view deal.  just make it super cheap.  In the circumstances I wouldn't mind paying $5 to watch a game on tv that I wasn't going to see in person.  all the revenue can go to the home team like ticket sales would anyway.  I start paying for cable or internet services in the fall when football starts anyway.  Obviously this would only be for this season to keep people safe.  Might be crazy but it's a thought.

• Plus1 1
46 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Well, student tickets are paid for. They may appear to be artificially cheaper than others but I assure you they are not. My question would be do they do away with more standard tickets so that the students (who should have first priority) may still attend?

this is going to be real interesting, really going to be hard to satisfy all.

22 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

this is going to be real interesting, really going to be hard to satisfy all.

Yep. I made the comment only to generate some discussion and to point out that student tickets cost a helluva lot more than the apparent face value they are charged. I've always believed that students should get all the tickets they need and that they shouldn't be in some back corner of the stadium. But we all know it's a big money business too....

17 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

It's looking like ISU is going to hold games with about 50% capacity in their stadium. I'm expecting Nebraska to be somewhere along the same lines. 

I've thought about this a lot. Seems like the students will be on campus and sharing space with each other anyway. Why not just open the stadium to students this season and let them sit wherever. They are generally a low risk group as it is. I think it would be cool for the athletes and students, it'd really hammer home the point this is their university and their team. I guess financially it would be dumb, but it would be awesome to see the kids have fun with it, do banners, and themes - and just go support their fellow classmates in a tough time. 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
7 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I've thought about this a lot. Seems like the students will be on campus and sharing space with each other anyway. Why not just open the stadium to students this season and let them sit wherever. They are generally a low risk group as it is. I think it would be cool for the athletes and students, it'd really hammer home the point this is their university and their team. I guess financially it would be dumb, but it would be awesome to see the kids have fun with it, do banners, and themes - and just go support their fellow classmates in a tough time. 

I love this idea. The student section is in an awful place anyways. 

30 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

It's looking like ISU is going to hold games with about 50% capacity in their stadium. I'm expecting Nebraska to be somewhere along the same lines. 

I agree that once a precedent is started, other’s commonly follow suit.  The problem I have is that considering how jam packed fans are in Memorial—especially the bench seating, I don’t see 1/2 capacity as much better  from full capacity when it comes to appropriate distancing.   Will distancing guidance be loosened by then?  Maybe, but you’re still sitting within a foot or two from others.  

Just now, Decoy73 said:

I agree that once a precedent is started, other’s commonly follow suit.  The problem I have is that considering how jam packed fans are in Memorial—especially the bench seating, I don’t see 1/2 capacity as much better  from full capacity when it comes to appropriate distancing.   Will distancing guidance be loosened by then?  Maybe, but you’re still sitting within a foot or two from others.  

Given that the expectation is that there will be a second wave in fall, I doubt it, but who knows at this point?

8 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I love this idea. The student section is in an awful place anyways. 

Yeah, tell the students don't worry about jamming yourselves in one sliver of the stadium and forget about student tickets. Bring a valid ID and $10 and we will let you in the doors, all GA seating. Bring stuffed animals, life-size Herbie Dummies, banners, make the stadium look as full as you can. Have HS teams (also low risk) hawking Runzas and Vals to the students for team fundraising. Like I said, Ive thought way too much about this.

3 hours ago, Hilltop said:

I understand your point of view.  I choose to celebrate the lives lost.  I choose to be happy about the freedoms we have that were earned at the ultimate cost to so many.  My grandfather fought for our country and my dad did two tours in Vietnam.  Neither are with me today but I know how they felt and feel I honor them when I say happy.  To each their own.

Mavric, my apologies this has gotten so off topic.  I do feel the sentiments here are really applicable to football this fall.  People feel pretty strongly for the side they believe.  I personally would love to attend a game if the stands are open.  Sure hope that happens.  GBR

And they sacrificed for their country but now the "courageous" can't be bothered to wear a mask, keep their distance, or skip the pool orgy.  It's not about you.  It's about not passing this on to someone who is at risk.  And that doesn't have to be direct transmission.  You hand it to someone who hands it to someone at risk.  They then end up on a ventilator.  Living hell for a cheap transient thrill.  For a fleeting sense input.   Sacrifice, huh?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4
15 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Yeah, tell the students don't worry about jamming yourselves in one sliver of the stadium and forget about student tickets. Bring a valid ID and $10 and we will let you in the doors, all GA seating. Bring stuffed animals, life-size Herbie Dummies, banners, make the stadium look as full as you can. Have HS teams (also low risk) hawking Runzas and Vals to the students for team fundraising. Like I said, Ive thought way too much about this.

Blackshirt masks should be on the back of every seat for every game. 

• Plus1 3