Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

Well there goes my suggestion to move Nov big ten games into Aug to start early to avoid a second wave crunch when the flu season comes around in November.  Cant get practice started soon enough and they need 8 weeks fall camp to get in shape after being laid off for 4 months entirely.  

A Husker player did test positive for COVID-19, Nebraska's athletic director confirmed during an interview with Husker247 on Friday, and was moved to isolation.

"We have had a positive that I know of, only one so far," Moos said. "We followed the protocol on the testing to determine that it was a positive test, and then the protocol continued as to isolation and addressing it. We don't want any positive tests, but we have now gone through the actual positive test in how we addressed it, and it worked very, very well. And if we have another positive test, we know that our protocol works and will be followed again."

Moos said earlier this week the Huskers have a strict protocol for their athletes that has even been copied by peer institutions in the conference. When student-athletes arrive, they are quarantined for two days, and then tested, with a helping hand from UNMC.

As for handling a positive test?

"Anyone who was involved with that student – that would be those who conducted the test, the trainers, a football operations person, for example, they are quarantined and tested after 48 hours," Moos said. "The individual who did test positive goes into an isolation period while going through the rest of the protocol before they can return to voluntary activities."

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Has the Ohio Governor agreed yet that there will be football.  A week ago he stated that decision was still a long ways off for Ohio State.  I don't think the NCAA or AD's have the final decision on large gatherings.   

With all these people running in the streets, if this virus is as deadly has some on here seem to think, we will surely have a rise in all categories in a month or so.  

5 hours ago, skersfan said:

Has the Ohio Governor agreed yet that there will be football.  A week ago he stated that decision was still a long ways off for Ohio State.  I don't think the NCAA or AD's have the final decision on large gatherings.   

With all these people running in the streets, if this virus is as deadly has some on here seem to think, we will surely have a rise in all categories in a month or so.  

I dont think Ohio is the problem but Michigan is doubtful and California and northeast (NY etal) are very unlikely. Without these big population states, I dont think NCAA goes along.  

18 hours ago, teachercd said:

Remember when we were worried there would not be a season at all...because of the virus...

That seems soooo long ago!

I’m still “worried “.   A lot can change between now and week 1.  Good or bad.  

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

I dont think Ohio is the problem but Michigan is doubtful and California and northeast (NY etal) are very unlikely. Without these big population states, I dont think NCAA goes along.  

Michigan freshman start June 15th.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2020/06/02/michigan-football-freshman-class-return/3123341001/