Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

13 hours ago, skersfan said:

Has the Ohio Governor agreed yet that there will be football.  A week ago he stated that decision was still a long ways off for Ohio State.  I don't think the NCAA or AD's have the final decision on large gatherings.   

With all these people running in the streets, if this virus is as deadly has some on here seem to think, we will surely have a rise in all categories in a month or so.  

Be careful what you wish for...

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29257870/oklahoma-state-amen-ogbongbemiga-tests-positive-coronavirus-tulsa-protest

• Plus1 1

So the Okie State player gets COVID likely from being in too close proximity to others.  Too bad he wasn’t wearing a football helmet. That plus the fact that football doesn’t require close proximity to others would have protected him from the virus.   Just like fans in football stadiums will be magically protected as well.  

That’s how it’s going to work, right?

Its good the athletes will be tested.  Probably safer than their family and friends not on the teams.  These people can get the virus going to the walmart or the post office or even from their girlfriends or parents.  

But being exposed to bunches of virus free (all the people around them in football will be tested) is not going to increase the risk of serious illness or death!   Just facts. The real issue is fan safety and they are free to stay away.  Theyre not earning a scholarship and schooling.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, teachercd said:

A week ago, 50% of the people at my gym had masks on.

Today, 0.

I wouldn't be going to that gym.  Unless you simply can''t wait for a vaccine and want to just go ahead and get it over with.  Of course that could mean making this decision for others as well if you know what I mean.

3 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I wouldn't be going to that gym.  Unless you simply can''t wait for a vaccine and want to just go ahead and get it over with.  Of course that could mean making this decision for others as well if you know what I mean.

I hear you, it still has been pretty crowded.