Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

10 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Why are you all still talking about covid, that was so last month. It’s riots now- try to keep up boys 

The two are not unrelated. If COVID-19 hospitalizations spike in those cities with big protests (peaceful & otherwise) it could have a big impact on football this fall. We should know in about 2 weeks.

5 hours ago, teachercd said:

I wonder how many college towns could survive a year with no students/games for a year.  I would have to think that for a lot of college towns, a home game Saturday (6-7 of them) makes up a huge % of their rev for the year.

Sad to think. Maybe the government will swoop in with an extended ppp period and can save some of these places. 

don’t think any football should happen until all states have passed their phases tho. Thinking about no season is like color leaving the canvas 

6 hours ago, teachercd said:

I wonder how many college towns could survive a year with no students/games for a year.  I would have to think that for a lot of college towns, a home game Saturday (6-7 of them) makes up a huge % of their rev for the year.

Can't find Frost's comment on it, but he was pretty upset. 

He said people like to paint coaches and players in a bad light, and "it's just football" and "we can go a year without playing". But that he has spoken to the business owners around Lincoln, and he is scared what a year without home games would do to the Lincoln community financially. 

44 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

Can't find Frost's comment on it, but he was pretty upset. 

He said people like to paint coaches and players in a bad light, and "it's just football" and "we can go a year without playing". But that he has spoken to the business owners around Lincoln, and he is scared what a year without home games would do to the Lincoln community financially. 

I read that Barry's has over 5,000 people come through their doors on gameday.  5 dollars each, 25,000 right there.  175,000 just at the door for games...not counting the spring game.  Think how much each person spends once inside.  They can't make that revenue up.

There is a reason all those bars (well almost all) open at 8 or 9am on gameday. 

On 6/4/2020 at 11:12 AM, knapplc said:

Not sure what this means, if anything. People are going to get this virus, that's about inevitable.  We have to figure out what we're going to do about it as a society.

depth will be important this season, as there is likely to be a list of unable to perform players weekly.

i guess if cases have to be submitted to Lancaster county health dept. there won't be much discretion or HIPPA violations?

will be interesting to see how this works.....helluvamess, unchartered waters.

4 hours ago, Mavric said:

Surely the positive cases will be reported only in the total number of cases In Lancaster Country and not as a subcategory, right? 

although I’m in La they report numbers by nursing home which is available to the public. Even the private ones. We have one nursing home that is 100%.  But maybe they came from the hospital  already diagnosed. Just wondering what is the thread hold for public knowledge. 

won't be too hard to guess who is infected, especially known starters who are suddenly missing from practices/games...for 2 weeks.

Frost won't say anything either, other than certain guys are "not able to perform"/"under the weather".....you won't see them on the sidelines either, unlike like most guys who are on IR, these guys will be in quarantine.