Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

11 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

My math says if 6’ distancing has to be maintained then the approx. max capacity at Memorial would be maybe 12,000. First thing you have to completely eliminate every other row, cutting it to 50%. Then you would have to eliminate 3 of every 4 remaining seats, so 75% of the remaining. That gives you roughly 11,250 butts in seats. Then what, maybe another 1000 without seats. Personally I think they will create a way to get more (and maybe all) in there but if anyone is serious about 6’ spacing, it won’t be more than about 12k.

If it comes to that, I think they should just allow the band and all the students that want in and that’s it. How can they prohibit the students and then equitably determine which 12k get in? Probably won’t be an issue though as people everywhere seem to be getting really good at ignoring what makes sense to limit transmission and dolla bills are driving decisions.

I can see just letting the students and band in.  The band would all be seated together as they normally are, and the students would also cluster in what ever they feel are the best seats....with 90% of the stadium remaining empty!  LOL

7 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

It gets a little dicey... The basic approach is 6' between "family units". So you can be within 6 feet of the people that you live with or see regularly... It'll be weird, for sure. 

IKR..? I would be telling them "yes, my fellow 14 tailgaters are my family unit" so can we all sit together...please, please :wasted

• Plus1 2

Lots of forums posting about every college athlete reporting back that tests positive for COVID. Michigan had 2 football players test positive. My question to those athletes would be....”did you even notice that you had COVID?” :P

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

So, if/when the season starts...

How will you guys deal with it?  Go to Lincoln to party/tailgate/attend the game...mask on?  Stay at home?  Hit up Lincoln and party/tailgate/attend game with no mask?  What are your going to do?

Me...if I am alive...I am going to the first home game I can to hit up the bars and tailgate.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, teachercd said:

So, if/when the season starts...

How will you guys deal with it?  Go to Lincoln to party/tailgate/attend the game...mask on?  Stay at home?  Hit up Lincoln and party/tailgate/attend game with no mask?  What are your going to do?

Me...if I am alive...I am going to the first home game I can to hit up the bars and tailgate.  

If games are played, I will be in Lincoln to tailgate. Have a group of folks that have been tailgating together for over 20 years. Some from Metro area and some from the southwest part of the State. So, will get together with them even  if we can't get in the stadium. 

3 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

If games are played, I will be in Lincoln to tailgate. Have a group of folks that have been tailgating together for over 20 years. Some from Metro area and some from the southwest part of the State. So, will get together with them even  if we can't get in the stadium. 

Where do you guys park?

I used to be at the PBA...it was horrible (that was the first year it was open) and then Lot 7...which was pretty much amazing.

20 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Where do you guys park?

I used to be at the PBA...it was horrible (that was the first year it was open) and then Lot 7...which was pretty much amazing.

Long time North Bottoms lot by the Red House, which is now housing/condos. PBA Festival Lot from its inception, through last year. We finally got tired of not being able to leave the lot until 3 hours post game due to f*%king traffic jams. This year we got spots in the WSC lot, just north of where we were for years on 10th...