Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

34 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Long time North Bottoms lot by the Red House, which is now housing/condos. PBA Festival Lot from its inception, through last year. We finally got tired of not being able to leave the lot until 3 hours post game due to f*%king traffic jams. This year we got spots in the WSC lot, just north of where we were for years on 10th...

That red house!  It was for rent last year (maybe the year before) that has got to be one of the best houses to rent if you are a college kid...

• Plus1 1
13 hours ago, teachercd said:

How will you guys deal with it?  Go to Lincoln to party/tailgate/attend the game...mask on?  Stay at home?  Hit up Lincoln and party/tailgate/attend game with no mask?  What are your going to do?

I will not be attending any games this season and my daughter (this will be her last year at UNL-graduating December) is not going to purchase a student ticket this season. Although she'll probably go to a game or two. Covid plays into these decisions a fair amount. I'll probably change my mind if we start out 7-0, then I'll want to go to one of the late season games...

41 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I will not be attending any games this season and my daughter (this will be her last year at UNL-graduating December) is not going to purchase a student ticket this season. Although she'll probably go to a game or two. Covid plays into these decisions a fair amount. I'll probably change my mind if we start out 7-0, then I'll want to go to one of the late season games...

Ha!  7-0...and all bets are off!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

I wont be able to make a game this fall as it looks right now, assuming I do get recalled back to work.  But, if work situation permits by luck, and tickets come available, I will make the long trip once.  I could possibly get to an away game in the eastern Big Ten but Id love the sea of red experience.  Its been tough to go to games and after almost 100% attendance 1968 - 2016, i miss it very much.  

• Plus1 1

I don't know whether it was the beer flu or whether it was the busing in of protesters to some surrounding towns, but I really can't get into the mood for football season.  Dove season starts September 1st.  My son and I probably won't have any time on the weekends for anything else anyway.  With all the division in this country, the last thing on my mind is Husker football.  People are downright crazy, so I think the best thing to do is stay away from as many as possible.  Hopefully the team does well if they have the season, but for some of us priorities have changed. 

• Fire 1
4 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

If we start 7-0 and you're not at any of the games, you'd better not jinx things by going to a game. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

ooh.  I think based on the win/loss % of all the games I attended, my attendance actually helps.  

I am very sorry the recent seasons are all my fault for not going.  

I think the big issue has been that I stopped calling the plays when Tom retired -blame Frank for letting me go.    lol.  

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

Ha!  7-0...and all bets are off!

If they're good enough that it's worth dying for......

54 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

If we start 7-0 and you're not at any of the games, you'd better not jinx things by going to a game. 

My all time in attendance record is pretty darned good, of course most of those games were 80's and 90's. Not so good recently....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, theknife said:

23 Clemson football players just tested positive. I just can't see football happening in the fall. What happens when an player tests positive and everyone in the position group has to quarantine for 2 weeks?

It'll be like soccer clubs playing a man down.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, theknife said:

23 Clemson football players just tested positive. I just can't see football happening in the fall. What happens when an player tests positive and everyone in the position group has to quarantine for 2 weeks?

This is good. If we're saying that ~60% should get us to a herd immunity, Clemson is almost halfway there at the team level!

/s

Edit: Texas is in the same boat. Last I heard, they've had 10 players test positive this week?