Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

37 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Come on here guys, I agree with you and was making a joke about the ability to report things unknown, lighten up and step off the nuke Slim!

Not trying to speak for the good doctor,  but I think he was talking about the person I originally responded to, not you.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

If this thread has taught me anything it's that some people will create their own facts and pick and choose what they want to believe. The overwhelming evidence is that masks help limit the spread yet we have our own bunch of Einsteins that want to dispute that regardless how many times they're told and no matter what experts have to say about it. It's pure lunacy.

I guess I shouldn't blame the idiots who spout this nonsense. In a way it isn't totally their own fault.  Our society has made it virtually impossible to separate fact from fiction. There are way too many supposed news sources and way too many people in charge that thrive on bad information because it serves their ulterior motives. But I still won't cut anyone any slack that can't see the common sense in the good wearing a mask provides. It's so simple it hurts. If fewer of an infected persons respiratory droplets get out, anyone with a heartbeat should be able to figure out the benefit. Yet here we are, fools to the left and fools to the right. It's maddening.

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right? 

49 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I thought it was clowns and jokers!

24 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right? 

Yeah, I botched it. It should’ve been clowns to the left of me and jokers to the right. Stuck in the Middle by Stealers Wheel.

• Fire 1
3 hours ago, knapplc said:

This is simply untrue. COVID-19 has been THE story on every media outlet for four months. Stats are posted daily.

yes. 24 hrs.  but these numbers are not published.  u have to calculate then yourself after plenty of searches.  they dont want the general public to know them.  probably for political reasons - who knows.  

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Assuming it was my posts comparing us to other countries, but you can look at it however you want and we still suck compared to them. Other countries have effectively curtailed their outbreaks so population really has no effect. Germany has a population of 80 million and has roughly 600 cases per day. So, our population is 4.5 times theirs and we have 40,000 cases per day or 66 times theirs.

Break it down by capita, per 1,000 people, per 100,000 people, total numbers however you want the US is among the worst when it comes to deaths and infections. Also, all the countries I compared us too are either trending lower in daily case count or are roughly the same while we are increasing exponentially.

Are they testing at the same rate we are? Positive tests if we are testing at a much higher rate doesn’t say much other than we are executing more tests. Does that mean we actually are doing worse at containing it? Or is it possible they are just testing less 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Not trying to speak for the good doctor,  but I think he was talking about the person I originally responded to, not you.

Exactly.

Regarding Frost's comments, it does seem there has not been much of a plan on what to do once an outbreak hits a football team, which is discouraging. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Are they testing at the same rate we are? Positive tests if we are testing at a much higher rate doesn’t say much other than we are executing more tests. Does that mean we actually are doing worse at containing it? Or is it possible they are just testing less 

They all were testing at a higher per capita rate at the beginning. Currently, we are slightly behind or even with most of them. Also, their positive rate is decreasing while ours is increasing. So, still we are doing worse.

• Plus1 1
13 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

Do you think all countries are reporting the same and didn't several of these countries get cases and spike 3 weeks before us?

I actually think the US is reporting less accurately than we are. Many states have rolled back their reporting data recently and not increased it. Also, yes they did have spikes 3 weeks before us, but look at the trends we are going higher and higher and they are going lower if we were just 3 weeks behind we'd be trending down. 3 weeks from now we'll be at an even higher daily case count and they'll be way lower.