Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

27 minutes ago, skersfan said:

but understand everyone is going to get this.  

Where are you getting this info.?  We'll reach herd immunity at 60 to 70%, or a vaccine will be developed before then, or it'll burnout before either occur but to say everyone is going to get this is a take I keep hearing from time to time but I can't find any source backing it up.

35 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Where are you getting this info.?  We'll reach herd immunity at 60 to 70%, or a vaccine will be developed before then, or it'll burnout before either occur but to say everyone is going to get this is a take I keep hearing from time to time but I can't find any source backing it up.

Herd. Immunity. Doesn't. Work. 

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Scarlet said:

I am so sick of people posting this herd immunity bullsh#t. If you have any verifiable proof that people develope immunity after being exposed to Covid please share it. That would be some new, welcome information. If you can't provide some facts regarding herd immunity actually being a thing with Covid, then please quit acting like you know Jack squat about it.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 2
6 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Herd. Immunity. Doesn't. Work. 

Did I say it did? I was laying out all the possible ways, that I have read, that this ends, none of which include "everyone will get this."

FWIW It's too soon to know if herd immunity will happen or not.   And yes, natural herd immunity would be a friggin' unmitigated disaster if the threshold is in the 60 to 70% range.  I agree it doesn't "work".  But it could happen with the course our current leadership has us on....in about two or three years and untold deaths. 

• Fire 1
3 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I am so sick of people posting this herd immunity bullsh#t. If you have any verifiable proof that people develope immunity after being exposed to Covid please share it. That would be some new, welcome information. If you can't provide some facts regarding herd immunity actually being a thing with Covid, then please quit acting like you know Jack squat about it.

Herd immunity at 60 to 70% would be a disaster so don't go off thinking I'm saying it's a solution we should be considering.  Go vent on somebody else.  Are you then in the camp that everyone will get this?  If you can't provide some facts that everyone will get this then please quit acting like you know Jack squat about this.

Here's some interesting data.  It's just information so don't go all ballistic, ok?  You never get anywhere with science if you draw conclusions before all the facts are in.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Herd immunity at 60 to 70% would be a disaster so don't go off thinking I'm saying it's a solution we should be considering.  Go vent on somebody else.  Are you then in the camp that everyone will get this?  If you can't provide some facts that everyone will get this then please quit acting like you know Jack squat about this.

Here's some interesting data.  It's just information so don't go all ballistic, ok?  You never get anywhere with science if you draw conclusions before all the facts are in.

I don't think everyone will get Covid and I have not seen anyone proposing such a thing. But I have seen plenty of people mentioning herd immunity and acting like that is what we should be striving for. I have seen nothing that indicates herd immunity will work with Covid. I have heard of people already having Covid more than once.

IMO, those hoping for, relying on and proposing herd immunity are the same science denying delusional people who think if we underreport, quit testing and ignore the problem then it will magically get better. I have several names for these folks, the nicest ones being idiots and Trump supporters. And yes, those are mutually exclusive.

And don't PM me again with things that can be discussed in the topic at hand.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Not trying to jump on you I just thought it was a good opportunity to point this out. The latest studies based on no natural immunity and the contagious level of the virus suggest that herd immunity may not be reached until 70-90% of the pop get it. If herd immunity is a thing. 

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I don't think everyone will get Covid and I have not seen anyone proposing such a thing. But I have seen plenty of people mentioning herd immunity and acting like that is what we should be striving for. I have seen nothing that indicates herd immunity will work with Covid. I have heard of people already having Covid more than once.

IMO, those hoping for, relying on and proposing herd immunity are the same science denying delusional people who think if we underreport, quit testing and ignore the problem then it will magically get better. I have several names for these folks, the nicest ones being idiots and Trump supporters. And yes, those are mutually exclusive.

And don't PM me again with things that can be discussed in the topic at hand.

Is there no moderation in the Huskerboard anymore or it just turned into another political cesspool?  Sad.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, dspanther05 said:

Is there no moderation in the Huskerboard anymore or it just turned into another political cesspool?  Sad.

What do you want moderated?

I realize this is somewhat off topic but I also realize a topic about the possibility of football being played may actually delve into the real issues that affect that outcome.

• Plus1 1