Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

46 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I predict our next game will be in Ireland

sorry to go back on topic. 

I agree our next game likely will be in the 2021 season. However, I don't think it will be an opener in Ireland. This country has botched up the pandemic response so badly I don't think it will be possible even a over a year from now. If we don't get our shat together, Ireland won't allow us to travel there.

6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I agree our next game likely will be in the 2021 season. However, I don't think it will be an opener in Ireland. This country has botched up the pandemic response so badly I don't think it will be possible even a over a year from now. If we don't get our shat together, Ireland won't allow us to travel there.

So I shouldn’t put my deposit down yet? 

this months alumni magazine has a big ad for the game. I’m so tempted. 

11 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

We'll reach herd immunity by then.  

• Haha 4

Well said Mr. Sankey. Sad we have to speak to adults like they're children. A Pandemic is a real problem, that requires a real solution - not "It'll go away soon", and not "its a hoax". Other countries have figured this out, and lo and behold they have sports, they have school, they have flattened the curve. It's not political, there is no reason it should be controversial. It's a real problem, that requires a real solution.

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

I have to revise my comment of "Ireland in fall 2021 as an opener."

1. I do not think we should schedule any over-seas games for the foreseeable future;

2. why? we need home games to re-boot the local economy; we need to pump money back into our local economies and not try to be goodwill ambassadors to the world. 

3. thus, our next game needs to be a home game;

4. whether that happens is unknown. 

5. an out-of-conference home game would be my choice; let's get back on track with an opponent that will give us some hope for the future and see how much of a year off from football affected everyone; who knows, this one year delay (and that's what I predict it will be) may be the great equalizer and thus coaching and preparation will be key in this regard; this will be the key to the talent issue; will games be decided on pure talent alone or preparation?

6. and a fully packed stadium; hopefully the issue of face masks and temp checks will be a thing of the past; this thing has to end someday, hopefully that day will be next year. 

7. but I fear that most fans will be happy to see/hear (even with an hour delay in transmission of signal) a game played on Mars and hearing Greg Sharpe call the game from a spacesuit. If Bill Moos is true to his words as was reported by Clark Grell in the Lincoln JS and concerned about the local economy, it would be right to try to recoup as much lost revenue as possible. 

Does this helmet come with the extra oxygen tank? I mean its not bad, but can you imagine the lack of air that can be breathed with that? I would think performance would go down based on the lack of continuous oxygen exposure; and in the event of a early season practice/competition the extra heat generated with the addition of the such a shield. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, kansas45 said:

Does this helmet come with the extra oxygen tank? I mean its not bad, but can you imagine the lack of air that can be breathed with that? I would think performance would go down based on the lack of continuous oxygen exposure; and in the event of a early season practice/competition the extra heat generated with the addition of the such a shield. 

The entire underportion of the helmet is open. 

• Plus1 1
On 7/11/2020 at 9:11 AM, dspanther05 said:

Is there no moderation in the Huskerboard anymore or it just turned into another political cesspool?  Sad.

If you can think of a way to discuss the chances of a 2020 football season without discussing the facts, myths, and ongoing policy decisions regarding COVID-19, I'm all ears. 

• Plus1 2
59 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

what a crock of s#!t!  there will always be a huckster looking to profit from a new, latest and greatest invention.....spend money, feel better , now?

Huckster? Schutt is one of the largest sports equipment developers in the country. 

• Plus1 1