Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

1 hour ago, Branno said:

This is why it’s hard to take what you write seriously. You use a truth, that deaths declined (due to stay at home orders) and follow it up with a false statement. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/07/10/coronavirus-live-updates-us/

Deaths starting rising a week ago. In some areas, like Texas where I live, we’re seeing new record infection rates and deaths daily. 

This isn’t an opinion, it’s fact. What is not a fact, unlike your claim, is that we’ll have football.

We might have high school football in some areas but I would be shocked if there is a CFB season. 

Lol okay. You won't be reasoned with. Agree to disagree and move on. 

That some states will play high school football is a fact. :) We'll check back in on the 14th of August, yeah? 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

I understand that the deaths may lag the increase in new cases by a few weeks.  I know we all would hate it if the death numbers go up.  Can we agree if the numbers flatten or continue to drop that is a good thing?  

Are you really asking if people agree that fewer deaths is better than more deaths?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

One problem we have when looking at COVID-19 is that too many people look at the national numbers.  How many total deaths, infections, hospitalizations, etc...those don’t mean much in places where things are relatively under control(flat, slightly rising, slightly falling).

Indeed. The death rate might be flat nationwide, but they're soaring in some states, like Florida, Texas, and Arizona.

even looking at this from a state level is misleading because density matters And most states have unique areas.  Look at it from a county perspective.  You take Texas like you cited and most infections are coming from a handful of counties.  

Even that's iffy. People in less densly-populated metros like DFW thought they'd be safe there (unlike those blue staters in New York and the like). But while that might make the fire spread a bit slower, it doesn't make things that much less flammable. So after their governors rushed to reopen, surprise surprise, they became the new epicenters of the pandemic.

And it ain't limited to big but low-density states like those. If the current hotspots can't get their s#!t together and get it under control, eventually we'll probably start to see greater spread in rural areas and less populous states like Nebraska...

44 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Are you really asking if people agree that fewer deaths is better than more deaths?

Yes, I am amazed at some responses I get when I ask the question.  It is always yes, but.........

Seems like people just keep saying that the death rate is going to go up, so when I say is it OK if it doesn't, the response is that it will not drop.  Rarely do I just get a yes I hope it drops, without any commentary on that it won't.  I guess I find it amazing that people almost seem like they don't want this to go away?

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
48 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Welcome to the dystopian world of 2020, where people actually have to ask such things because our leaders are telling us things like 'old people should be willing to sacrifice themselves for the sake of the economy!'

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

If there is no football season this fall (and it is looking more like it every day), will this whole thing be officially called an apocalypse? You know, real Biblical stuff like we read about and movies were made of like The Day After Tomorrow, Mad Max, or whatever your favorite is. 

Which leads me to this: which "end of the world" movie best fits with the cancelling of college football? 

1 minute ago, kansas45 said:

If there is no football season this fall (and it is looking more like it every day), will this whole thing be officially called an apocalypse? You know, real Biblical stuff like we read about and movies were made of like The Day After Tomorrow, Mad Max, or whatever your favorite is. 

Which leads me to this: which "end of the world" movie best fits with the cancelling of college football? 

On the Beach?

4 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

You laugh, but some people around here have a lot of trouble with that concept.

Yea they do. They don't understand that to have less deaths we have to do things to prevent those deaths from happening. Its not just going to dissappear like magic.

• Plus1 1