Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

4 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

The problem is herd mentality.  It's so much easier to repeat the phrase There will be no season than it is to debate whether and how to run the season. 

I would agree with this.  On a much smaller scale we went through this several months ago with our youth baseball league.  Out of 20+ towns, we had 4 others agree to play.  The remainder just didn't want to deal with all the regulations or were fearful of the liability/potential of someone catching it.  For what it's worth, those towns that participated played an almost full season worth of games over 4 weeks without issue.  We finished last night.  

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Twitter replies, according to the radio hosts that were talking about it today.  I think it was more about him saying the country needs/wants college football.  

Im starting to appreciate how the good university is responding to and reporting Covid numbers. 

• Fire 1

Honest question here, does anyone know, if after all the various highly conditioned athletes who have contacted Covid "recover", have they typically regained their strength, their VO2 max levels, etc, and if so how long has that taken?   

Everyone keeps talking about death rates but these people are precision machines and it seems like getting this virus is like having sand dumped into your engine. 

• Plus1 5

34 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Honest question here, does anyone know, if after all the various highly conditioned athletes who have contacted Covid "recover", have they typically regained their strength, their VO2 max levels, etc, and if so how long has that taken?   

Everyone keeps talking about death rates but these people are precision machines and it seems like getting this virus is like having sand dumped into your engine. 

I've been wondering about this too, especially since some reports indicate there may a serious inflammation/vascular/blood-clot aspect of the disease:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/10/health/what-coronavirus-autopsies-reveal/

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Toe said:

Given that the risk is to others and not just to yourself, a much better comparison would be to drunk driving law. People keep trying to make this an individual liberty issue, but by definition a pandemic is never just an individual issue.

so true.....many folks at risk if season begins now.

2 hours ago, Toe said:

Given that the risk is to others and not just to yourself, a much better comparison would be to drunk driving law. People keep trying to make this an individual liberty issue, but by definition a pandemic is never just an individual issue.

so true.....many folks at risk if season begins now.

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

27 minutes ago, quesadilla said:

I've been wondering about this too, especially since some reports indicate there may a serious inflammation/vascular/blood-clot aspect of the disease:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/10/health/what-coronavirus-autopsies-reveal/

Rudy Gobert (dumb touch the microphones guy) still hasn't recovered fully. I think it's an outlier because guys like Von Miller seemed to have no issue, but when your body is your livelihood this isn't great.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/rudy-gobert-says-he-still-isnt-fully-recovered-from-covid-19/

• Thanks 1

can't imagine shoving. the season back until spring......January, February, March can be brutal with cold and snow anywhere in the BIG.

or splitting it between late winter and spring, recruiting and travel would be a nightmare.

yet players and coaches continue to prepare like it's going off on time. wide spread effects financially, economically and mentally for all involved. i think delaying the cancelation is giving false hope to everyone. at least talking about it gives us something to do?

13 hours ago, Atbone95 said:

Lol okay. You won't be reasoned with. Agree to disagree and move on. 

That some states will play high school football is a fact. :) We'll check back in on the 14th of August, yeah? 

Something I need to make clear. You make a false statement, which I correct with a link to a reference, and I’m the one that can’t be reasoned with. 

Dunning-Kruger effect in action. 

4 minutes ago, Branno said:

Dunning-Kruger effect

Dunning-Kruger Effect is a cognitive bias whereby people who are incompetent at something are unable to recognize their own incompetence or  is a cognitive bias in which people with low ability at a task overestimate their ability.

This explains my habit of getting married, get divorced, and doing it again...and potentially again....

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4
7 hours ago, Undone said:

You're on page 98 of a thread entitled "Will There Be a 2020 Football Season." There are two possible answers:

-Yes

-No

Your post is kind of a non sequitor.

The poll is closed.

5 hours ago, hunter49 said:

can't imagine shoving. the season back until spring......January, February, March can be brutal with cold and snow anywhere in the BIG.

or splitting it between late winter and spring, recruiting and travel would be a nightmare.

We have Clemson coming to visit in our pseudo-conference schedule.  In the first game we had to play them during a hurricane.  A blizzard game would be quid pro quo. 

Doubt it happens. 

• Plus1 1