Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

There were over 60 MILLION cases of H1N1....we are around an estimated 15 Million right now for Covid-19, and these two things are on a different stratosphere mainly due to the news we are fed. 

I'm aware that Covid-19 has killed more people *we think* but this is why I always said people strictly look at death numbers. 

I cant even fathom where your comparison comes from...  1 full year as opposed to 4-5 months with the drastic measures that were taken..  SMH...

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

This certainly changes things.  If the PAC 12 plays, despite the political climate in most of its territory, and the fact that California just became #1 in Covid cases, then the other major conferences surely have to feel emboldened to do the same.

3 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Georgia Tech football game, 1918. Historians have noted this was well before the pussification of America. 

660594ab-c019-4810-b23c-a52f946cddff_750x422.png.d414bfe89581a902bda7e9151a68dfbb.png

Could you imagine waking up on a Husker game day and heading to your closet, wondering which suit and tie you were going to wear for the game.

• Haha 1

Millions and millions of people have had, have, or will have the virus. The # of cases is insanely under estimated. The mortality rate is less than 1% - fraction of that if you are under 65 years old. Of course no one wants to get sick and obviously not die - you could say that about any disease or virus. My mind is boggled that people truly think the best thing to do is bunker down for 12+ months. No open schools, close all restaurants, shopping malls etc. Then when they throw a vaccine at us we will all take it? Then we can all go back to normal?

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

My mind is boggled that people truly think the best thing to do is bunker down for 12+ months. No open schools, close all restaurants, shopping malls etc. Then when they throw a vaccine at us we will all take it? Then we can all go back to normal?

People think the Earth is flat, so nothing should really surprise us anymore. But I think most folks don't think we should shut down for 12 months. Those are the flat-Earth C19ers. They're a rare breed.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Millions and millions of people have had, have, or will have the virus. The # of cases is insanely under estimated. The mortality rate is less than 1% - fraction of that if you are under 65 years old. Of course no one wants to get sick and obviously not die - you could say that about any disease or virus. My mind is boggled that people truly think the best thing to do is bunker down for 12+ months. No open schools, close all restaurants, shopping malls etc. Then when they throw a vaccine at us we will all take it? Then we can all go back to normal?

Welcome to an election year 

17 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

You know most people are of the mind we don't need to shut down for an extended period of time to fight this. 'Shut down' or lockdown or whatever you want to call it is a tool in this fight, nothing more nothing less. Its not a cure or a solution. Its a tool to provide time to get other tools in place. Frankly, in most parts of America shutting down has been worthless because we haven't done the necessary dance to make it worth it. We didn't pull out our other tools that you need for this one to work. If you look at places that have done it successfully they are getting back to normal in a way already. They may experience a second wave and need to become more restrictive but if you are doing a good job with all of your other tools most of the time you don't have to pull the lockdown back out of the tool box. 

No one wants to have to stay inside forever despite what you may think about people who take this seriously. We all want to return to normal. The difference is in how we get there. 

• Plus1 3
21 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

There is clearly millions more that have had it, we know that.  If the guess is right, that it is 10X more...than the death rate really is under half a percent.  

Sure the media plays a part in this, we all know that.  If the first time stats came out and the docs said "Well, it looks like this has a death rate of  half a percent, how different would this all be?

With that said...I am fine with teaching from home if that is what they want!  Also, I don't want to get it.

12 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

You know most people are of the mind we don't need to shut down for an extended period of time to fight this. 'Shut down' or lockdown or whatever you want to call it is a tool in this fight, nothing more nothing less. Its not a cure or a solution. Its a tool to provide time to get other tools in place. Frankly, in most parts of America shutting down has been worthless because we haven't done the necessary dance to make it worth it. We didn't pull out our other tools that you need for this one to work. If you look at places that have done it successfully they are getting back to normal in a way already. They may experience a second wave and need to become more restrictive but if you are doing a good job with all of your other tools most of the time you don't have to pull the lockdown back out of the tool box. 

No one wants to have to stay inside forever despite what you may think about people who take this seriously. We all want to return to normal. The difference is in how we get there. 

It's already been 5 months....time to get a new tool shed. I agree with the first 1-2 months playing it safe, I was on board for that. But now? It is getting way out of hand and I have seen many people lose their family business because of it while Amazon, Apple, Tesla, Alibaba, Netflix etc. just absolutely crush it because they have damn near unlimited resources. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
13 minutes ago, teachercd said:

If the first time stats came out and the docs said "Well, it looks like this has a death rate of  half a percent, how different would this all be?

Not that different. Most experts have said from the beginning the CFR is inflated. 0.5%-1% has been the best estimate for awhile now. Thing is 0.5% of 100 million people is still alot of deaths and strain on the medical system, not to mention the long term effects of this virus. I really don't understand why this gets compared to swine flu or the regular flu when we have SARS to examine. The original SARS isn't the same as this coronavirus but it is more similar than COVID to the flu. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, Nebfanatic said:

Not that different. Most experts have said from the beginning the CFR is inflated. 0.5%-1% has been the best estimate for awhile now. Thing is 0.5% of 100 million people is still alot of deaths and strain on the medical system, not to mention the long term effects of this virus. I really don't understand why this gets compared to swine flu or the regular flu when we have SARS to examine. The original SARS isn't the same as this coronavirus but it is more similar than COVID to the flu. 

Ahhh, I did not know that was the estimate.