Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

38 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I can't wait until a decision is made so we can close this thread; it's the direct opposite amount of fun that the Scott Frost thread was. 

My gosh, I can still remember being at school and hearing from a friend that coaches over at Skutt that Turman was contacted by Frost and was going to be on the Husker staff.  All before Frost was even hired.

10 minutes ago, kansas45 said:

Over GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Did you ever read about that movie?  So it was a short story...the movie ended up being like 3 hours and Sly said it was HORRIBLE and basically he wanted to buy it back so it would never get seen.  They would not sell it to him but agreed to cut it down...so basically he said "but out all my lines because they are horrible" and they did...and it was a hit.

On 7/25/2020 at 12:31 PM, Savage Husker said:

Perfect. So it was appropriate to call it the Wuhan Virus for months until it became a chance to turn it into Trump and republicans are racists. Pick a narrative and stick with it.  

Yes, it was appropriate to call it the Wuhan Virus until the The International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) came up with the official names "novel coronavirus" and "COVID-19," which everyone in the world started using in February 2020. Long after that, Donald Trump was the only person in the world still calling it "The Chinese Virus" or the hilarious "Kung-Flu" because yeah, he's a racist. Or more accurately, when he realized it was really serious and hurting his election chances, he needed to blame someone. Also, he's a racist.

When I learned that the more useful designation for marijuana is indica and sativa, I stopped calling it by nationalities.  That was 40 years ago. Time flies. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

8 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Yes, it was appropriate to call it the Wuhan Virus until the The International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) came up with the official names "novel coronavirus" and "COVID-19," which everyone in the world started using in February 2020. Long after that, Donald Trump was the only person in the world still calling it "The Chinese Virus" or the hilarious "Kung-Flu" because yeah, he's a racist. Or more accurately, when he realized it was really serious and hurting his election chances, he needed to blame someone. Also, he's a racist.

When I learned that the more useful designation for marijuana is indica and sativa, I stopped calling it by nationalities.  That was 40 years ago. Time flies. 

What is this font you are using???

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:
7 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Georgia. 

Hmmm...it is always on my mind.

Didn't the devil go down to Georgia? Looking for a soul to steal because he was in a bind as he was way behind? I believe he took the midnight train to Georgia when the lights went out. 

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Who are you? Tommy Chong? 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

that-is-northern-lights-cannabis-indica-scatchyponthefli-ppityi-no-its-34311812.png

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
54 minutes ago, kansas45 said:

Didn't the devil go down to Georgia? Looking for a soul to steal because he was in a bind as he was way behind? I believe he took the midnight train to Georgia when the lights went out. 

The Devil went down to Georgia

He was lookin' for a soul to steal

Fire blew way behind,

He was lookin' to make a deal

He came across this young boy

Sawin' on a fiddle and playin' it hot

So he jumped up on a hickory stump

And said, "Boy, lemme tell you what.

"I'll bet you didn't know this,

but I'm a fiddle player too.

And I'll bet this fiddle of gold

against your soul that says I'm better than you."

Now, the boy says, "My name's Johnny,

And this might be a sin,

But I'll take your bet and you're gonna regret it,

Because I'm the best there's ever been."

Absolutely LOVED that song as a kid. Took up the fiddle because of it. Had some talent, but not rarely so, and didn't pursue it.

8 hours ago, teachercd said:

Did you ever read about that movie?  So it was a short story...the movie ended up being like 3 hours and Sly said it was HORRIBLE and basically he wanted to buy it back so it would never get seen.  They would not sell it to him but agreed to cut it down...so basically he said "but out all my lines because they are horrible" and they did...and it was a hit.

I heard that too. Supposedly the scene where the national guard chases Rambo into the cave went on for half an hour.