Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

5 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

i suppose this is the only one of the many studies done showing adverse results?

nothing positive out there on this drug....sigh

still many health care workers using. this as a preventative, they must be crazy.

This is simply politically motivated conspiracy theory B.S.  It's been tried, it's been studied (multiple investigations with adequate methodology) and it's been dismissed as ineffective and mildly dangerous due to side effects (cardiac as I recall).  

Refusing to believe a scientifically validated answer just makes said "believer" look dumb.

• Plus1 3

Oh Lord.

Turns out the return of hydroxychloroquine is the equivalent of using a Sharpie on a National Weather Service Chart to make it look like Donald Trump was right.

Again, this is the woman who was put front and center of a Tea Party funded publicity stunt, aired only by Breitbart, retweeted by Donald Trump, seen by millions of people, then banned by Twitter and Facebook.

There are two sides to every story, but sometimes one side is sheer idiocy. 

https://ktul.com/news/nation-world/report-texas-doctor-who-went-viral-with-unproven-covid-19-cure-believes-in-demon-sperm?fbclid=IwAR3MxWmqL3Lxcbv0yj7dZv7hbtDQuJWnJ48OfyUxSMCM5FfGxz4UFzD0nVs

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
8 hours ago, Loebarth said:

That's a HUGE reach considering WW2 survivors are still alive not to mention the Korean & Vietnam wars. The implantation of the UN, the establishment of Israel, the Martin Luther King era and how he's effected life today with the end of segregation. (150 years to late IMO but his courage remains unmatched) What about 911 and millions of lives lost since?

Biggest story of our lifetime so far? I most certainly think not.. it's not even the biggest story currently. Ask those in Syria or Iraq or Yemen or Iran or Libya if covid is the biggest story? Biggest story of our lifetime, just a really bad sentence as it is minuscule in comparison with the really big stories!

Feel free to post the thoughts you just shared with me in a private message. It wouldn't hurt my feelings and I'd consider it a public service. 

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Had a mild case of COVID-19 and think you are recovered and in the clear?

Not so fast my friend.

Two new studies from Germany paint a sobering picture of the toll that Covid-19 takes on the heart.

Exactly.  We still have a lot to learn about this virus.

“We knew that this virus, SARS-CoV-2, doesn’t spare the heart,” he said. “We’re going to get a lot of people through the acute phase [but] I think there’s going to be a long-term price to pay.”

If this quote doesn't at least give pause to some of the COVID minimizers out there, I don't know what else will.

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

“We knew that this virus, SARS-CoV-2, doesn’t spare the heart,” he said. “We’re going to get a lot of people through the acute phase [but] I think there’s going to be a long-term price to pay.”

If this quote doesn't at least give pause to some of the COVID minimizers out there, I don't know what else will.

And this is just the heart. There is still the damage it does to the lungs, kidneys, and potentially the brain we have to think about. 

ACC Decision expected tomorrow delayed a week.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/28/acc-football-no-schedule-decision-this-week/

A lot of chatter is on rumors that Notre Dame may be 'full conference members' for 2020, as many of our OOC opponents have already cancelled. 

Also, here is another reason the NCAA should not allowed near the football red button.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/28/mark-emmert-fcs-playoffs/

11 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

This had better get the covid minimalists some pause. I know some of you will think this is too much or incoherent. I happen to enjoy this pathophysiology. But it is relevant to this discussion on the decision of whether football players should be playing football this fall. This image reveals how the no symptoms and mild symptoms can lead to hypercoagulation which leads to vessel wall damage. 

images come from this study

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30229-0/fulltext

Management of acute kidney injury in patients with COVID-19 - The ...

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, 307husker said:

This is simply politically motivated conspiracy theory B.S.  It's been tried, it's been studied (multiple investigations with adequate methodology) and it's been dismissed as ineffective and mildly dangerous due to side effects (cardiac as I recall).  

Refusing to believe a scientifically validated answer just makes said "believer" look dumb.

i am glad you are an internet believer. that's where all the facts come from, lol.

• Thanks 2

This thread reminds me of something...oh yeah...George Michael's butt.

"Look at my butt.  The worst thing you can do is try to ignore it. It's a perfect circle, don't you see? You can't hide from it. It's a force to be reckoned with. Accept it before it destroys you."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kansas45 said:

This had better get the covid minimalists some pause. I know some of you will think this is too much or incoherent. I happen to enjoy this pathophysiology. But it is relevant to this discussion on the decision of whether football players should be playing football this fall. This image reveals how the no symptoms and mild symptoms can lead to hypercoagulation which leads to vessel wall damage. 

images come from this study

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30229-0/fulltext

Management of acute kidney injury in patients with COVID-19 - The ...

Whats also interesting about COVID is the neurological symptoms. Loss of taste and smell could just be the beginning of the damage done there. Many are reporting brain fog and confusion. Here is a study using 'mini brains' that's quite intriguing. 

https://hub.jhu.edu/2020/07/01/covid-19-mini-brain-models/

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Enhance said:

What if we had been told that we could have a college football season in 2020, but one Husker player had to die? Or, 1% of college football athletes had to die? Would people be so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ about it all then?

The answer to that question is clearly yes. There are a shockingly high number of people on this board that would be fine with players dying. 

• Plus1 2