Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

Just now, Hilltop said:

Even with out lower than national average numbers, a full stadium would likely be a pretty bad idea.  One person could give it to 100s.  Maybe rapid testing will be developed that will change things?  Test everyone at the gate?  Show up with a recent negative test to be admitted?  Crazy but some of our fan base would likely do it to attend.

I just got my covid test today for work and I have to wait 5 to 7 business days to get the results but said they would contact me immediately if I test positive. Think of the logistics and the cost.

1. cannot come into stadium without mask; ticket? go out and scalp it but remain six feet apart;

2. station 1: register, show photo ID, and proof of health insurance and copay; if no insurance, pay total fee;

Remember, stay where the red cone is at to insure six feet apart. 

3. station 2: get temp checked;

4. station 3: get nickel and dimed with questions: shortness of breath? been in contact with anyone with covid? feeling sick? feverish? cough? been on a cruise? been out of the state since January? own your own home? want to refinance? 

5. station 4: get nose swabbed by nurse in hazmat suit;

6. station 5: get results; 

7. if negative, you may enter;

8. if positive, go to Soylent Green entry where it says Soylent Green; proud sponsor of Husker Athletics. Listen for our ads during the game when Greg Sharpe and Matt Davison talk about it during the game. Enjoy the great taste of Soylent Green and cheer on the Huskers with your favorite beverage. 

National Soylent Green Day: “For the people, by the people ...

Or do our express lane ticket entry:

1. have mask;

2. show most recent covid results with doctor's signature;

3. if recent according to guidelines; you are in;

4. if not recent enough, go the line where covid check-in is at;

Luxury suite owner? Come right on in. No need for the above. 

But I hope this is not considered political but this just came out: https://www.foxnews.com/health/different-types-covid-19-study

Scientists identify six different ‘types’ of COVID-19 in new study

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, kansas45 said:

I have got a feeling that some local public health officials are simply losing their minds over this tweet as those "low" numbers can turn into "big" numbers in a real hurry. I do not know what Moos' calculus is on this. If the league deviates from the CDC, then the CDC is going to say "do what you want, don't blame us, I am sure your crack epidemiologists in the athletic department are smarter than us." 

I am curious how the ushers will work it. How can you separate groups that did not travel together when you don't really know how they got there.  And have you ever seen a line of more than 30 people that practiced 'social distancing?'

SEC goes to conference only!

1 hour ago, kansas45 said:

I just got my covid test today for work and I have to wait 5 to 7 business days to get the results but said they would contact me immediately if I test positive. Think of the logistics and the cost.

1. cannot come into stadium without mask; ticket? go out and scalp it but remain six feet apart;

2. station 1: register, show photo ID, and proof of health insurance and copay; if no insurance, pay total fee;

Remember, stay where the red cone is at to insure six feet apart. 

3. station 2: get temp checked;

4. station 3: get nickel and dimed with questions: shortness of breath? been in contact with anyone with covid? feeling sick? feverish? cough? been on a cruise? been out of the state since January? own your own home? want to refinance? 

5. station 4: get nose swabbed by nurse in hazmat suit;

6. station 5: get results; 

7. if negative, you may enter;

8. if positive, go to Soylent Green entry where it says Soylent Green; proud sponsor of Husker Athletics. Listen for our ads during the game when Greg Sharpe and Matt Davison talk about it during the game. Enjoy the great taste of Soylent Green and cheer on the Huskers with your favorite beverage. 

National Soylent Green Day: “For the people, by the people ...

Or do our express lane ticket entry:

1. have mask;

2. show most recent covid results with doctor's signature;

3. if recent according to guidelines; you are in;

4. if not recent enough, go the line where covid check-in is at;

Luxury suite owner? Come right on in. No need for the above. 

But I hope this is not considered political but this just came out: https://www.foxnews.com/health/different-types-covid-19-study

Scientists identify six different ‘types’ of COVID-19 in new study

I remember Soylent Green. LOL! Watched it in a movie theater as a youngster which shows my age. Edward Robinson's last film. Movie was ahead of it's time.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

I think if the season does kick off the 4 game red shirt rule is going to be extremely handy this year. 

I heard a while back they were thinking about adjusting it to a 6 game red shirt rule for this season. IDK, maybe that’s not a thing now....

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

very common to test neg. today and be positive day after tomorrow.

I was reading a post today that someone was talking to a nurse in Lincoln who says they test some patients over and over because they have every single symptom but they keep coming back negative. They blame it on multiple strains. That is anecdotal to be fair

2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I was reading a post today that someone was talking to a nurse in Lincoln who says they test some patients over and over because they have every single symptom but they keep coming back negative. They blame it on multiple strains. That is anecdotal to be fair

this disease sucks!

• Plus1 2