Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

2 hours ago, kansas45 said:

I think I laid out the examples quite well for you and the process by which it will occur and the questions of reputation, brand image and recognition and how that will impact perception which will impact recruiting which will ultimately lead to Nebraska being mired in competitive frustration. 

But I disagree with your "all for one" thinking; if the entire league plays, each individual school where an incident occurs is where the lawsuits direction will focus on, not the entire league. No one will sue the Big 10 as that encompasses 14 schools; those other schools are not going to want to pony up for someone else's problem. 

And can you tell me, with total precision and accuracy coupled with a guarantee, that a single school will NOT be singled out regardless of what happens? Are you really sure about this? 

And do you want the image, brand, reputation of the Huskers tarnished? Are you Hilltop, being of sound mind and memory, willing to take that chance? I keep asking you these questions but you always deflect and dodge saying "I am not in charge here", "I do not have all the information", "I am not paid to make this decision" and other things. Are you willing to accept any student-athletes altered life, future health and potential disability for the sake of playing a season or even a game? Are you willing to accept the consequences of negative perception, negative image, negative reputation and negative brand? 

I was being sarcastic lol.  Your over the top hypotheticals are things nobody can answer.  All of us have our opinion.  My opinion is that our conversation is no longer adding to this discussion.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Kansas, please elaborate.  I'm not sure everyone here really understands.  Maybe include a few more examples and a couple more paragraphs on your opinion.

If the entire league plays, one school won't be singled out regardless of what happens.  

This is funny.

• Plus1 1
44 minutes ago, teachercd said:

The players should try to get everything that they can...and the schools/conferences should try to keep as much as they can.  

If I was a player and I could squeeze my school/conference for some green, I would do it.

50% of total revenue for players equally divided? Frost and coaches about to take a huge cut in pay.

25 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I was being sarcastic lol.  Your over the top hypotheticals are things nobody can answer.  All of us have our opinion.  My opinion is that our conversation is no longer adding to this discussion.

I know you were being sarcastic. Over the top hypotheticals are actually based on reality. However, I believe I added something new to the discussion and that is the perception, brand, reputation and image that has been missing from the discussion.

But who really cares right? As long as there is football being played, no one cares. And if someone gets infected, hey, next man up. If a player opts out, no big deal, next man up. If a player gets sick, no big deal, next man up. If a player dies, who cares, say a prayer and a pre-game eulogy, next man up. This virus is not that big a deal, let's play. Let's have full stadiums and a full schedule. Why not? People die all the time, next man up. And if we fill the stadium up, just think of those older people who have had season tickets for eons. They will get the virus, die, and someone else can get the season tickets. Next ticket purchaser up. 

49 minutes ago, kansas45 said:

I know you were being sarcastic. Over the top hypotheticals are actually based on reality. However, I believe I added something new to the discussion and that is the perception, brand, reputation and image that has been missing from the discussion.

But who really cares right? As long as there is football being played, no one cares. And if someone gets infected, hey, next man up. If a player opts out, no big deal, next man up. If a player gets sick, no big deal, next man up. If a player dies, who cares, say a prayer and a pre-game eulogy, next man up. This virus is not that big a deal, let's play. Let's have full stadiums and a full schedule. Why not? People die all the time, next man up. And if we fill the stadium up, just think of those older people who have had season tickets for eons. They will get the virus, die, and someone else can get the season tickets. Next ticket purchaser up. 

Lighten up Francis.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Yep. Things  are about to get really uncomfortable for the conferences and FB programs.  

the players demand:

- a complete ban on parties and social gatherings from

- mandatory curfew all season long,

- the above precludes public protests, and political events at which music may be played 

- no 'personal friends' visiting athletic student housing

- surrender their tickets to encourage social distancing for fans

- no outside food lacking the same standards as their training table

- no smoking anything as airborne particles may spread the virus

- masks mandatory when possible, pretty much every time except aerobic exercise

- scholarship reduced in proportion to the diminished educational value of online instruction

Yes, this would convince anyone they are truly devoted to covid safety. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Stop poking the bear. :lol:

10 hours ago, hunter49 said:

lots to cover here, it's just going to  be a huge mess and headache.new job, social justice supervisor, wow, no thanks.

If this takes off I would like to change my vote to. “There will NOT be a college football season.” The Big Ten has threatened to go to non scholarship sports if players get paid. Ivy League probably would go there in a hart beat. What if there were no athletic scholarships?

10 hours ago, teachercd said:

Ha...Amen!

Look, if I was a coach, I would want it all...if I was a player I would want it all.

Sure...the bigger question is, if you're a player, what do you do if the league says....NO to your demands?

Do you quit football and become just a normal student paying your own way with none of the perks, glam and glory of being a top D1 athlete?

• Plus1 2
17 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

Washington state football team kicking activists off the team?

that's not good.

“Right now this sits only with the PAC-12 conference players and some who have shared the article on social media have already been dismissed from their teams. Theo Lawson reports that: “

Am told multiple other #WSU players who shared the "#WeAreUnited" graphics have been released from the team, as well.

9E_r6Ifw_normal.jpg
Theo Lawson

@TheoLawson_SR
I just got off the phone with John Woods, the father of #WSU WR Kassidy Woods, who says Kassidy was told to clean out his locker tomorrow. Woods is technically still on scholarship, but was "released" from the team yesterday, his father says.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Sure...the bigger question is, if you're a player, what do you do if the league says....NO to your demands?

Do you quit football and become just a normal student paying your own way with none of the perks, glam and glory of being a top D1 athlete?

If it was me and they called my bluff, I would play still.