Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

16 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Local teams in the Des Moines area have been picking up players outside of the state lately. Valley just added the #1 player in Colorado...4* QB - these families are required to move to be able to play and that is a lot of risk to possibly have the season cancelled. 

That's really interesting. I have a feeling off the radar kids need it more than anyone. Seems like 4 star kids already have the film, they can work with a speciality coach this fall, do the spring/summer camp circuit and be right where they were offer/ranking wise. 

6 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

^

:facepalm:

He's just playing off nebraska fans' passion for football. If there are no fans in the stand, in the end, he can say they looked at every possibility before ultimately deciding it was best for no fans. What he says publically isnt necessarily an indication of what is going on behind the scenes.

• Plus1 2
15 minutes ago, Mavric said:

We may end up being the only team with an actual home field advantage.  I'm really curious to see how many fans actually attend though.  We do have 20k confirmed recoveries so those people would probably feel great about attending.  

25 minutes ago, desertshox said:

He's just playing off nebraska fans' passion for football. If there are no fans in the stand, in the end, he can say they looked at every possibility before ultimately deciding it was best for no fans. What he says publically isnt necessarily an indication of what is going on behind the scenes.

Obv playing to the fanbase.  Regardless.  

3 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

This off season really highlights how worthless of an organization the NCAA is. They place tons of restrictions on these kids around transferring, earning money, etc. However, when it comes to doing absolutely anything regarding health concerns they have failed to do one stupid thing. They've had since March to come up with literally anything on sports and the conferences have all led the way without the NCAA doing anything at all.

the NCAA is chartered by the schools to do the things the schools put in their charter, just like the US Constitution.  Why would you want the NCAA to wade into waters outside their boundaries so they can make decisions when they are unqualified?

• Plus1 3
10 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

the NCAA is chartered by the schools to do the things the schools put in their charter, just like the US Constitution.  Why would you want the NCAA to wade into waters outside their boundaries so they can make decisions when they are unqualified?

I don't want them to, and since they aren't qualified to tie shoes they shouldn't decide anything.  The P5 needs to move on as a group without the NCAA.

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

From the NCAA website: "The National Collegiate Athletic Association is a member-led organization dedicated to the well-being and lifelong success of college athletes." Seems to me that their charter includes ensuring the well-being of athletes which might include creating guidelines and rules for the schools they govern to handle a pandemic. However, as @runningblind said, my point is I don't want them to do any of this. I am pointing out how worthless they are and the P5 programs need to move on without them as the NCAA is clearly worthless and they are on their own anyway.

3 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

From the NCAA website: "The National Collegiate Athletic Association is a member-led organization dedicated to the well-being and lifelong success of college athletes." Seems to me that their charter includes ensuring the well-being of athletes which might include creating guidelines and rules for the schools they govern to handle a pandemic. However, as @runningblind said, my point is I don't want them to do any of this. I am pointing out how worthless they are and the P5 programs need to move on without them as the NCAA is clearly worthless and they are on their own anyway.

Well if you want to suffer through reading their charter I will admit I'm wrong.  In the meantime I am pleasantly surprised when a governing body stays within their boundaries. And slightly miffed at local dons who cry that no one will make the tough decisions for them. 

• Plus1 2

On a sports talk show I heard last week, one of the hosts said to pay attention to what the military academies are saying about fans in stands because what they say is based on protocol from military brass, not administrator-speak.

It was all in the context of UTexas' plan to have 50% capacity being BS. About 2 days after that, UT revised down the capacity to 25%. Granted NE isn't having the outbreak Texas is having, but I'm going to put Moos' statement in the hopeful BS category.