Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

Not trying to be Debbie Downer by sayin it,  but I can't see how playing a full season is going to be accomplished.   I envision the plug being pulled 3 or 4 games in.   Lets say one player on a team tests positive for covid,   ok, quarantine that guy,   what about the rest of the team that has been in contact with him ? Its going to be a nightmare trying to manage all of this and I honestly can't see how it can be done.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Sker fer life said:

Not trying to be Debbie Downer by sayin it,  but I can't see how playing a full season is going to be accomplished.   I envision the plug being pulled 3 or 4 games in.   Lets say one player on a team tests positive for covid,   ok, quarantine that guy,   what about the rest of the team that has been in contact with him ? Its going to be a nightmare trying to manage all of this and I honestly can't see how it can be done.

I think you're just being realistic.  I don't think we see a full season either and who knows when the plug will get pulled or if we even make it to the first game.  For all I know we could make it quite a ways into the season?  So many unknowns.

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, HANC said:

Omaha Public Schools set to announce no Fall sports. Superintendent informing Board of Ed today.  Ouch. Not good sign for HS football in State

Eh, it's been pretty apparent for a couple weeks that OPS was trending that way.  As far as I know, no one else is.

It's going to get pretty interesting to see how many kids are going to try to transfer elsewhere for this fall.

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Eh, it's been pretty apparent for a couple weeks that OPS was trending that way.  As far as I know, no one else is.

It's going to get pretty interesting to see how many kids are going to try to transfer elsewhere for this fall.

I posted a few weeks ago about it trending that way but sounds like it is going to happen.  I am out of state and have heard of kids looking. A ton may transfer.....but, flip side is that once the Big Dog falls, dominoes may follow.