Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Saratoga-Hospital-batch-testing-gains-spotlight-15465172.php 

Found it.

And it all ties back. 

"The approach was first reported in Germany and the University of Nebraska this spring."

Yup and it's only used in low risk people who would be tested regardless.

2 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

This is not what they describe in this report.  I get your point but they described exactly what I said. I have no reason to doubt it. They interviewed a health dpt official on it.  

Based on the sources that @Nebfanatic and I found it is not like you describe it you left out a lot and made a lot of jumps. You honestly peddle a lot of bull crap regarding covid on this board.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

31 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Eh, it's been pretty apparent for a couple weeks that OPS was trending that way.  As far as I know, no one else is.

It's going to get pretty interesting to see how many kids are going to try to transfer elsewhere for this fall.

I fully expect that, by the end of next week, most schools in Omaha will follow suit. 

1 minute ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Yup and it's only used in low risk people who would be tested regardless.

Based on the sources that @Nebfanatic and I found it is not like you describe it you left out a lot and made a lot of jumps. You honestly peddle a lot of bull crap regarding covid on this board.

Your opinion I guess.   I read plenty of bull crap on this board that I did not post as well.    lol.  Thats what happens on this site - a lot.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Still - what is the difference.  It seems like a good way to mass test but why do it for people coming into a healthcare setting to expose sick and or health workers.   

Explain please!   Thanks anyway.  

Ok I'll break this down simple.

EVERYONE has to be tested before coming to a hospital for procedures like surgeries that have to be done. This is happening regardless of the type of testing. These are people who have no symptoms and are at a very low risk of having the disease, but they have to be tested anyway.

They have shown that they can take batches of samples from these low risk people run them at the same time and save resources. The hospital reports that 1% of test have come back positive causing them to be retested. So, it's very rare they have to be retested. They report in the article they've saved 2,300 tests and tons of PPE by doing it this way.

When you are coming in for surgery you are tested and then told to self quarantine until the procedure regardless of your results. So, if they do get a positive and people have to be retested they did not quarantine any longer than they would have anyway.

This is all so that they can make sure patients coming in for NON-COVID procedures are negative and don't expose health workers or others at a hospital. This actually pretty smart and kudos to the "scientists" who came up with effective and efficient ways to keep people safe.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I fully expect that, by the end of next week, most schools in Omaha will follow suit. 

Someone mentioned transfers, I forget how it works but I think you have to submit paperwork, transfer, then sit 90 days.

My guess is that this will be changed and you will be able to play right away.

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Someone mentioned transfers, I forget how it works but I think you have to submit paperwork, transfer, then sit 90 days.

My guess is that this will be changed and you will be able to play right away.

If you're a big time recruit (Dickerson, Rollins, even Fidone) and football is moved to Spring, I don't see why you'd play. 

1 hour ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Ya unless you can source this, there is no way this is true.

It's partially true.  They're not doing it to save money, they're doing it because testing capacity is still lacking.  I watched a doctor explain it this way.  You take 12 people who need testing and give them all just one test.  If it comes back negative, then you've just saved 11 test kits.  If it comes back positive, then you'd give everybody a test which would have happened anyway currently.  It does save on testing, especially in places that haven't been hit hard by Covid.  

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

It's partially true.  They're not doing it to save money, they're doing it because testing capacity is still lacking.  I watched a doctor explain it this way.  You take 12 people who need testing and give them all just one test.  If it comes back negative, then you've just saved 11 test kits.  If it comes back positive, then you'd give everybody a test which would have happened anyway currently.  It does save on testing, especially in places that haven't been hit hard by Covid.  

Ya I finally found a source that explained it, but that is not how it was being presented.