Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

Dollar to donuts (is that the expression)

This will get changed.  Or at the very least, it will go to a judge who will put a hold order of some sorts on the NSAA ruling until it can be hashed out.  Shoot there have been court cases for kids that were failing so that they could still be eligible to play.

All a kid is going to have to say is "Covid did this to my chances of playing" and it will change.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, I won't be surprised anywhere in the Metro.  But I haven't really heard anything about that happening in the rest of the state.

Omaha is really the only place in the state with awful numbers; I haven't heard how Grand Island has been lately since the packing plants there stopped reporting their numbers. 

6 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Omaha is really the only place in the state with awful numbers; I haven't heard how Grand Island has been lately since the packing plants there stopped reporting their numbers. 

I feel bad for the teams that had Benson, Bryan and NW on the schedule...3 wins gone!

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, RavHuskr said:

The NSAA said they weren't changing the transfer rules so the kids would have to sit and you can't use sports as a reason to transfer.  It would be pretty obvious if a bunch of athletes were transferring to Elkhorn or even Lincoln if they were trying to stay in Class A.

Elkhorn is class A?  Sure wasn't back in the day when I went to grade school there, but that was long before the hostile take over by Omaha. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, GamingGlen said:

Elkhorn is class A?  Sure wasn't back in the day when I went to grade school there, but that was long before the hostile take over by Omaha. 

Elkhorn South is A.  Elkhorn High and Elkhorn North are now B.  (Elkhorn High was A for the past couple years but moves back to B this year)

7 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Elkhorn South is A.  Elkhorn High and Elkhorn North are now B.  (Elkhorn High was A for the past couple years but moves back to B this year)

Now, the plan is for all of them to be B, right?

When does North open...and do you know anyone that can get me in there!

25 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Now, the plan is for all of them to be B, right?

When does North open...and do you know anyone that can get me in there!

High will probably stay B.  South will stay A.  North will likely eventually be A as Elkhorn develops more in that direction.

North is supposed to open this year :lol:  I'm actually surprised EPS isn't using it as an excuse to start the year remote learning.  Teachers report on Wednesday and they aren't even done with electrical in some areas of the building.  Industrial tech teachers wanted to set up the shops this past week, but apparently they want us to stay out of the way. 

If you're open to middle school, the new Elkhorn middle school #5 will open next year (192nd and Ida area).

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, funhusker said:

High will probably stay B.  South will stay A.  North will likely eventually be A as Elkhorn develops more in that direction.

North is supposed to open this year :lol:  I'm actually surprised EPS isn't using it as an excuse to start the year remote learning.  Teachers report on Wednesday and they aren't even done with electrical in some areas of the building.  We were supposed to set up our shops this past week, we weren't allowed in...

If you're open to middle school, the new Elkhorn middle school #5 will open next year (192nd and Ida area).

They haven't finished the electrical yet?  Are they using 220 or 221?  Haha

I didn't know they were opening another middle school.  I have applied to EPS like 6 times.  I never get a sniff.  I should probably stop mentioning that I was "Teacher of the Month" for the month of May, 15 years ago as one of my accomplishments.  

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

They haven't finished the electrical yet?  Are they using 220 or 221?  Haha

I didn't know they were opening another middle school.  I have applied to EPS like 6 times.  I never get a sniff.  I should probably stop mentioning that I was "Teacher of the Month" for the month of May, 15 years ago as one of my accomplishments.  

Whatever it takes!

• Haha 1

Now that Omaha High Schools have cancelled Fall Sports, it almost seems that the writing is on the wall about College/Nebraska Football.  I saw somewhere that there is a "revenue loss concern, if there is so Nebraska Football", but even myself a diehard Cornhusker Fan, I have to wonder if it's worth the risk. 

Sports have pretty much been non existent this year.  I don't know how you could have much if any capacity of fans at the games. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, cornhuskers4ever said:

Now that Omaha High Schools have cancelled Fall Sports, it almost seems that the writing is on the wall about College/Nebraska Football.  I saw somewhere that there is a "revenue loss concern, if there is so Nebraska Football", but even myself a diehard Cornhusker Fan, I have to wonder if it's worth the risk. 

Sports have pretty much been non existent this year.  I don't know how you could have much if any capacity of fans at the games. 

Best case is to play the season with zero fans..... I think its still gonna be VERY hard to get games in. MLB is shutting down with what 25 on roster? 40 maybe all together. 

Now try apply that to amateur athletics (NCAA) football 200 players roughly? . its gonna be difficult at best. 

At some point I think we need to look at doing the conference only schedule this spring (with a vaccine). and gearing up for Fall 2021