Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

I stopped watching pro sports a long time ago. I noticed Sunday’s freed up to do other things. I got used to it and don’t feel any desire to watch pro sports. I wonder if the same will happen for College football. 

More college football stars will opt out of the Spring season just like the High School kids are doing now...why risk the injury that close to next years combine. The MAC commish mentioned a vaccine. I am not even sure that will happen, so it seems like a cop out. I think the MAC made a choice on $ or lack thereof.

Anyway we will find out soon, and I may have my Saturdays free too. :wasted

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
6 hours ago, internetman said:

There could have been football this fall but jim and tammy needed haircuts and no one can tell them to wear a mask. 

sports are the reward of a functioning society. the us is not functioning. 

And peaceful protesting and going to the beach and legion baseball...all people had to do was re-f#&%ing-lax.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

Hmmmm...

Kind of surprised to see Michigan listed as they always seem to be one school who can be quite leery of the pandemic.  I’m also surprised Wisconsin doesn’t want in on the action but then again Alvarez was not totally positive on a season today.

Will be interesting to see if this comes to life if there is more push comes to shove about no season.

38 minutes ago, BartonHusker said:

Hmmmm...

Kind of surprised to see Michigan listed as they always seem to be one school who can be quite leery of the pandemic.  I’m also surprised Wisconsin doesn’t want in on the action but then again Alvarez was not totally positive on a season today.

Will be interesting to see if this comes to life if there is more push comes to shove about no season.

"hearing" from whom, exactly? The B12?

No chance this happens.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, BartonHusker said:

Have fun figuring out media rights deals with something like that!

Still, as fantastical as it sounds, it wouldn't surprise me if there actually were some very preliminary and informal discussions to that effect.

3 hours ago, nic said:

I stopped watching pro sports a long time ago. I noticed Sunday’s freed up to do other things. I got used to it and don’t feel any desire to watch pro sports. I wonder if the same will happen for College football. 

More college football stars will opt out of the Spring season just like the High School kids are doing now...why risk the injury that close to next years combine. The MAC commish mentioned a vaccine. I am not even sure that will happen, so it seems like a cop out. I think the MAC made a choice on $ or lack thereof.

Anyway we will find out soon, and I may have my Saturdays free too. :wasted

Oh, you and I agree but saying it's about player safety sounds and not money sounds a lot better.

7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I'm not sure what that P5 AD would mean about "no season anyway" unless they meant the G5 are just cannon fodder for the P5.  Which is true, but then it begs the question - why are there 130 teams in D1 when half of them have zero chance of winning a championship?

College football's structure is weird.

• Plus1 2