Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

11 hours ago, knapplc said:

I'm not sure what that P5 AD would mean about "no season anyway" unless they meant the G5 are just cannon fodder for the P5.  Which is true, but then it begs the question - why are there 130 teams in D1 when half of them have zero chance of winning a championship?

College football's structure is weird.

It is weird.  The P5 should break away and form the top division.  G5 forms their own and has their own championship. I'd watch that in a heartbeat. Competition on the same level is always entertaining.

I think it meant the P5 pays the athletic budget of many schools with those OOC games. No games means no budget, no budget means no season.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I'm not sure what that P5 AD would mean about "no season anyway" unless they meant the G5 are just cannon fodder for the P5.  Which is true, but then it begs the question - why are there 130 teams in D1 when half of them have zero chance of winning a championship?

College football's structure is weird.

I'm pretty sure he meant they can't afford to actually have a season once they lost all their money-making games.  Which I think is what you are saying.

As to the structure, it is kind of odd

29 minutes ago, knapplc said:

If players and coaches want to play, let them sign a waiver and play. Players who opt out can keep the scholarship and get a medical redshirt. For next years NFL player the redshirt won’t matter, and they will not play in the Spring anyway. 

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, teachercd said:

And peaceful protesting and going to the beach and legion baseball...all people had to do was re-f#&%ing-lax.

yep. but instead people will kick the can down the road again. b!^@hing and complaining about having no football this fall, coughing on each other at the store, refusing to wear a mask. college bball will be cancelled. spring football? lol not at this pace. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

i just can't see a spring season of 10 or more games working out very well.  lots of guys will be training for the draft.

weather can be crappy too.

And, why would it get better?

School is starting in most places, next week.  The places that are no remote learning are going to create new cases.  Fall sports at the HS level are going to create new cases.  

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, internetman said:

yep. but instead people will kick the can down the road again. b!^@hing and complaining about having no football this fall, coughing on each other at the store, refusing to wear a mask. college bball will be cancelled. spring football? lol not at this pace. 

agree, i don't understand why wearing a mask is so hard to do?  problem solved.

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

L

A

M

E

But expected. 

Special thanks to the people that needed a haircut, that HAD to have their freedom nachos, that HAD to show how tough they were, that HAD to let us know it was a hoax,  that HAD to peacefully protest, that HAD to form an autonomous country. 

Exactly.  Let's not forget about the deaths but I don't want to turn this into subject matter for another thread.  It's not what I want but just cancel it already.  The season is a month away and the Covid numbers aren't going to nose dive by then.  Unless they can bubble every P5 team like the NBA is doing which isn't going to happen.

Just now, suh_fan93 said:

Exactly.  Let's not forget about the deaths but I don't want to turn this into subject matter for another thread.  It's not what I want but just cancel it already.  The season is a month away and the Covid numbers aren't going to nose dive by then.  

No kidding, it was nice to see the schedule and sort of think about what might be...but come on, we know this is over.

I have practice tomorrow, I am shocked we have not cancelled yet.  Coaches will be masked up...while 200 players 9-12 will not be.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
Just now, teachercd said:

No kidding, it was nice to see the schedule and sort of think about what might be...but come on, we know this is over.

I have practice tomorrow, I am shocked we have not cancelled yet.  Coaches will be masked up...while 200 players 9-12 will not be.  

Wow.  Good luck dealing with that.  It has to be stressful.  Zero leadership on all levels and I mean ALL levels when it comes to handling Covid.  People like you mentioned as well not doing there part. 

S T U P I D.

• Plus1 2