Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

1 minute ago, PaulCrewe said:

Presidents cancel a season in which pretty solid testing procedures are in place, but gladly will welcome how many students to their campuses, living in dorms, eating in the cafeteria, attending classes etc based on what an honors system

I know!  

This is why for so long I have said that if students are on campus, they will have games.  

Once again, I am wrong.  

30 minutes ago, teachercd said:

L

A

M

E

But expected. 

Special thanks to the people that needed a haircut, that HAD to have their freedom nachos, that HAD to show how tough they were, that HAD to let us know it was a hoax,  that HAD to peacefully protest, that HAD to form an autonomous country. 

They had to know that the virus would be in decline by now, because it is. 

edit: students just moved into dorms at Arizona State this weekend.  How can anyone say with a straight face that sports are unsafe but student housing is just fine?

• Thanks 2
7 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

They had to know that the virus would be in decline by now, because it is. 

edit: students just moved into dorms at Arizona State this weekend.  How can anyone say with a straight face that sports are unsafe but student housing is just fine?

Well, the 50,000 students at ASU are not really known for pool parties and big a$$ raves, so it will be okay.

• Haha 3

Soft. The players want to play. Coaches wanna coach. They have protocols & the money to do this. More players will probably get sick returning home/being home after college all goes online give or take a month. But then the liability shifts to them so the schools are fine. Also the healthiest age group among the fittest population on earth. 

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Decked said:

Soft. The players want to play. Coaches wanna coach. They have protocols & the money to do this. More players will probably get sick returning home/being home after college all goes online give or take a month. But then the liability shifts to them so the schools are fine. Also the healthiest age group among the fittest population on earth. 

So much this.......The players will have monitoring (most schools) on par with the pro teams......You can't prevent exposure, but you sure as hell can limit it.....Play the games....

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lo country said:

So much this.......The players will have monitoring (most schools) on par with the pro teams......You can't prevent exposure, but you sure as hell can limit it.....Play the games....

I get cancelling, I do...but...how do you have kids on campus and cancel games?

Like...UNL campus is basically a petri dish.   They literally tell you to wear shower shoes in the dorm showers.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
14 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Like...UNL campus is basically a petri dish.   They literally tell you to wear shower shoes in the dorm showers.  

Agree 100%.  Thousands of kids, parties, classes, dorms.....and people are worried about games.  That's ludicrous.....

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Agree 100%.  The most frustrating thing about all of this is the scatter shots of mitigation methods.  No one at any level of leadership is on the same page of anything, even within the same organizations.  No football, but go ahead and go to the bars with all of your dorm friends.  According to Pete Ricketts in March "the first sign of community spread, we'll shut down"; Ricketts in August "Wear a mask if you want too...".  OPS goes all in to limit exposures; Millard, Elkhorn, Gretna, Bennington, Papillion-LaVista do what they do...

I'm to the point where someone in charge either says "everyone stays locked in their homes for 3 weeks to get rid of the virus" or "screw it, let's just pretend it doesn't exist..."    I'm tired of watching unqualified people being put in a position to make decisions they aren't prepared for and to have it negated by the equally unqualified people a few miles away making a different decision.

This is just all so frustrating.

• Plus1 2