Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

56 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I mentioned in another thread that I'm either for shutting down absolutely everything for 6 weeks to "nose dive" this thing, or open everything and pretend that all is well in the world.  I too, am tired of the bumbling inconsistencies.  Nothing makes sense.  

Oh...the inconsistencies in rules is mind blowing.  

My son is in charge of the kitchen.  This guys will be living together all year in small rooms.  But....when they go eat, the kitchen has to have plexiglass up everywhere.  So....it's OK to be in the rooms together.  But, when your food is served, you have to go behind this glass and put on masks.  Then, when all done....go back to your rooms and classes together.

And...yet....athletes can't play a game that's outside after being tested constantly.

I say join the SEC for the year and go play.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, Saunders said:
It's embarrassing.

At this point I'm pretty open to the idea that the fear of a quickly-emerging players union (or other grassroots changes) was one of the bigger motivators, honestly.

It makes absolutely no f****** sense to cancel days after releasing the revised schedules.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Undone said:

At this point I'm pretty open to the idea that the fear of a quickly-emerging players union (or other grassroots changes) was one of the bigger motivators, honestly.

It makes absolutely no f****** sense to cancel days after releasing the revised schedules.

Playing devil's advocate:

Maybe the university presidents were waiting to see what the conference and ADs came up with as a plan before deciding on canceling. There's a crapton of money on the line, so worth it to wait as long as possible even if the schools got egg on their face for inconsistency.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Universities may have forced the hand of the conference to make a commitment or abandon ship, so that they can navigate this on their own with more freedom. Which is the right thing to do, protect your own vested interest if other schools are blocking it.

Would Nebraska have played Rutgers outside of NJ? Do they play Rutgers and forfeit two games while quarantining in NJ? Do they forfeit Rutgers to play the other games? If they played as normally scheduled and didn’t adhere to state laws, the law becomes pointless and self serving - if it isn’t already.

That 1918 schedule is worth learning from. 

• Plus1 1