Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

8 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

August 10, 2020 is either the day that commerce in Lincoln, Nebraska died or the day that I was able to get a reservation for the Embassy Suites for November 20 and 21st.  I argue that it is both.  

No kidding...each bar around the stadium just lost probably 25% of their yearly revenue.  

7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

EXTREME LEE CORSO VOICE:   NOT SO FAST MY FRIENDS

Did they leak the news that it was cancelled just to get a pulse on the situation?  Like hey lest leak that we cancelled and if there isn't too much push back we"ll just cancel it.  But if it turns into a s#!t show we"ll just say there was no decision made yet

I mean the problem is no one wants to make a plan, and no one wants to make a decision. For months now all the NCAA, P5 presidents, ADs, Coaches and Players should have all been meeting (via Zoom or whatever) and putting a plan in place. The NCAA needs to go, and P5 needs to move forward with unified leadership. P5 football needs a commissioner. 

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Did they leak the news that it was cancelled just to get a pulse on the situation?  Like hey lest leak that we cancelled and if there isn't too much push back we"ll just cancel it.  But if it turns into a s#!t show we"ll just say there was no decision made yet

I think that is highly likely. But if they didn't know the reaction was going to be an atomic s#!tstorm, they're more out of touch than we previously thought.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

May be a reckless move in terms of society, but the best from a legality standpoint. I am very disappointed in the NCAA for not making a stance one way or another.  

All these young adults will be playing somewhere without safety protocols in place.  

I think we can all quit worrying about the NCAA. They were ineffective and lost before. Then they lost their big dog revenue source by cancelling March madness. They won’t survive for much longer. The P5’s will make it just fine without them and they now realize that fact.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

4-D chess man....

• Plus1 1

I guess I don’t understand..... We all knew this day was coming sooner rather than later. We all know the conferences were going to put it off on the slim chance they could preserve any of the revenue. They had to release the revised schedule when they did in case they did play.

We can say it’s mixed messaging but I don’t really see what else they could’ve done shy of giving up on possible money sooner and we all know that’s what drives the boat. As somebody notorious recently said, it is what it is.