Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

I guess I don’t understand..... We all knew this day was coming sooner rather than later. We all know the conferences were going to put it off on the slim chance they could preserve any of the revenue. They had to release the revised schedule when they did in case they did play.

We can say it’s mixed messaging but I don’t really see what else they could’ve done shy of giving up on possible money sooner and we all know that’s what drives the boat. As somebody notorious recently said, it is what it is.

I have always believed they would cancel the season with the Covid situation the way it is in this country.

But I've always hoped for a miracle, all the same. 

22 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

College kids would have done that with or without fall sports. A traveling sports team can only increase the spread.

Maybe there should be large mosh pits on each campus and get it over with in two weeks.:ahhhhhhhh

8 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

The NCAA/Confs are no more prepared for this, than they were the day they cancelled the NCAA tournament/Conf Tournaments.  You'd think 5 months would have allowed for a consensus plan.

I think that is easy to place the blame there.  Our country is nowhere closer to handling this either.  The honest fact is You can’t safely play contact sports that go against every CDC guideline with 100 s of players while traveling all over the country.  It is just not feasible. These are billion dollar industries and I bet they have weighted every possible option. Just too much liability involved.  

• Plus1 2

45 minutes ago, funhusker said:

My wife worked last night, so she is currently sleeping.  I'm pretty sure I heard clapping coming from the bedroom.  (....and not the fun kind...)

So you like the Clapper - that is why your light keeps going on and off during the night:B)

the-clapper.jpg

FelineEnviousIndigowingedparrot-size_res

• Haha 2
26 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

The NCAA/Confs are no more prepared for this, than they were the day they cancelled the NCAA tournament/Conf Tournaments.  You'd think 5 months would have allowed for a consensus plan.

Its seems like a lot of groups have gone with the "I hope everything works itself out" strategy....

That has proven to not be great. 

Sadly, I feel like plenty of states and the Fed have taken this route--- lets just hope people stop caring so we can go back to normal or a miracle vaccine solves everything.