Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

13 minutes ago, nic said:

Plea from coach Harbaugh. “We respect the challenge that the virus has presented, but we will not cower from it”

image.thumb.jpeg.d631b8863cab0d129e9e74e18142fe7b.jpeg

Yeah, it'd be real nice if we could stop pretending people who think maybe not having organized sports this fall would be a good idea are doing so because they're weak or scared or whatever. This same kind of crap got said about people who social distanced and wore masks early on.

We are where we are because not enough people followed the guidelines.

(not directed at you nic, that last paragraph from Harbaugh just kind of ticked me off.)

• Thanks 2
1 minute ago, Saunders said:

I wonder if the vote last night actually did happen, it leaked before it was announced, and now that everyone is blasting the conference, they're going to "really vote this time" tonight.

Reads to me like standard CYA mode stuff after a story you wanted kept under wraps leaked. Deny, deny, deny until you announce it yourself.

I could be wrong and the story could be inaccurate but I'd bet against it.

Just now, knapplc said:

DANG.

Back to that idea where we play regional FCS schools/Iowa? Question is, are there any left that haven't already cancelled their seasons?

13 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Yeah, it'd be real nice if we could stop pretending people who think maybe not having organized sports this fall would be a good idea are doing so because they're weak or scared or whatever. This same kind of crap got said about people who social distanced and wore masks early on.

We are where we are because not enough people followed the guidelines.

(not directed at you nic, that last paragraph from Harbaugh just kind of ticked me off.)

No worries. Just pointing out there is a willingness to play from coaches and players.

It also sounds like the program is doing everything they can to adhere to guidelines, much like wearing masks when required. I think he means to say they we have done what was asked of us and are succeeding. That’s a little different than being obstinate. 

I appreciate the civility on this board BTW. The Michigan board has devolved into chaos and everyone blaming everyone. Completely out of control over there right now. 

I also heard no vote was taken after all, but that might be wishful thinking. We need a statement from the Big Ten soon.

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I guess I don’t understand..... We all knew this day was coming sooner rather than later.

Since early July I've been saying I believed there was maybe only a 5%-10% chance of the season happening. So I agree that in that respect, I didn't expect to play a single game.

But when they released the schedules I really didn't expect that to be some kind of smoke & mirrors thing. And maybe it wasn't, and maybe something else came up in the past few days that we don't (and maybe won't ever) know about.

But point is, when they released the schedule I really thought we'd play at least a game or two.

• Plus1 2