Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

5 minutes ago, Tom Brokejaw said:

Goodness, I just joined a month ago.  Is it always like this?  Can there be some way to screen out the group of folks that just want to carry on flu epidemic arguments and let this section just talk about football?

I joined when Bill Callahan was shredding this joint.  I lived through the wifi days and the Purge of 2015. I went up against FLU and Benard.

You got this, n00b.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
12 minutes ago, Tom Brokejaw said:

Goodness, I just joined a month ago.  Is it always like this?  Can there be some way to screen out the group of folks that just want to carry on flu epidemic arguments and let this section just talk about football?

There is an ignore function you can use i believe the instructions are in board feedback. I suggest it! 

24 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I joined when Bill Callahan was shredding this joint.  I lived through the wifi days and the Purge of 2015. I went up against FLU and Benard.

You got this, n00b.

I guess I am a noob here.  I did play in the message board when it was Huskerpedia, but that was a while ago.  Lots of opinions then too, but didn't seem to be the vitriol evident in here.  I suspect if there is a kickoff, the opinions will all go back to "who should be the next great quarterback".  One can hope.

• Plus1 1
32 minutes ago, Tom Brokejaw said:

Step 1: click on the down arrow next to your profile name in the top right hand corner of the board. 

Step 2: click on "Ignored Users"

Step 3: In the box under "Add New User to Ignore List", type whomever you want to ignore. In this case, I'll type "Tom Brokejaw".

Step 4: When their name pops up, click on it. 

Step 5: Click the boxes indicating content you wish to ignore. In this case, I will click "Posts", "Messages", "Signature" and "Mentions" 

Step 6: Click on the box that says "Add User" 

Step 7: Voila! You are done! 

I voted no months ago, and I knew this is exactly how it was going to go down: hem-hawing, politics, power plays, and arguments. 

it’s stupid. I lost my job and want to go back to work. The players want to play. Let us decide what risk we can afford. 

I was talking to my buddy and I said “what if some D2 skilled kid can’t play his senior year and put out film, maybe he was the first kid in his family to graduate high school and have a shot at college? Now he won’t get that chance. Let alone prom, first jobs, traveling to see our nations capital, etc” 

for all the people saying what we coulda/shoulda done...the virus is and was here anyway. It’s not going away. So let’s have people decide if they want to rejoin or not. What we are doing to society and people is worse than the virus, there is proof of that. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
6 minutes ago, Tom Brokejaw said:

I guess I am a noob here.  I did play in the message board when it was Huskerpedia, but that was a while ago.  Lots of opinions then too, but didn't seem to be the vitriol evident in here.  I suspect if there is a kickoff, the opinions will all go back to "who should be the next great quarterback".  One can hope.

Yeah, there is a politics and religion forum that gets pretty obnoxious for most (I like it).  But this topic has invited some of that energy into the football forum, for better or for worse...

19 minutes ago, Tom Brokejaw said:

Huskerpedia......holy hell, that broke up in what, 2002 or 2003?  And you’re surprised at the vitriol, on this board, in this country, in 2020 after all that has transpired recently? I think you’d be hard pressed to find any subject to discuss nowadays without two distinct camps forming. It’s a real sh#tshow we got going on. Clue, these problems start at the top.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

If you need a test for that, try walking into your local bank vault and helping yourself to whatever you see. Let us know in 10-20 years how that goes for you.

I've honestly never seen anyone argue that theft of someone else's property was a realistic argument of freedom or "pure freedom." It doesn't necessarily undermine the point you were trying to make, but I thought it was a weird choice of example to posit.

Anyway...I think I've seen some good agreement today on the board about Frost doing a good job of talking about a lot of the concepts we've discussed in this thread, really. I think there's a good case to be had that athletes are potentially actually safer by playing the season.

It just sucks to see the more litigious side of the nature of our country win out. But, my gut prediction was that it would go down like this since roughly early July so I don't feel all that surprised in the end.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Farms said:

According to your hypothetical graph that shows positive cases going parabolic, that’s assuming the same rate of testing. Now we are testing exponentially more people whether they are symptomatic or not. In that case the graph should be going EXTREMELY parabolic but it’s not. It’s showing a steady incline despite testing exponentially more people, your hypothetical graph doesn’t account for that l. In my opinion we did flatten the curve, but a graph that doesn’t account for the number of people tested isn’t is obviously going to paint a different picture. 

no message, see later response

20 minutes ago, I am I said:

I voted no months ago, and I knew this is exactly how it was going to go down: hem-hawing, politics, power plays, and arguments. 

it’s stupid. I lost my job and want to go back to work. The players want to play. Let us decide what risk we can afford. 

I was talking to my buddy and I said “what if some D2 skilled kid can’t play his senior year and put out film, maybe he was the first kid in his family to graduate high school and have a shot at college? Now he won’t get that chance. Let alone prom, first jobs, traveling to see our nations capital, etc” 

for all the people saying what we coulda/shoulda done...the virus is and was here anyway. It’s not going away. So let’s have people decide if they want to rejoin or not. What we are doing to society and people is worse than the virus, there is proof of that. 

So, in other words (or another’s words), what you’re saying is “it is what it is”. The fact is we could’ve and should’ve done better as a country managing this ordeal. We didn’t and there really is no mystery to it. It only seems to escape those whose politics it doesn’t align with.Total and complete lack of responsible leadership. But sure, go ahead and act like that has nothing to do with it.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Huskerpedia......holy hell, that broke up in what, 2002 or 2003?  And you’re surprised at the vitriol, on this board, in this country, in 2020 after all that has transpired recently? I think you’d be hard pressed to find any subject to discuss nowadays without two distinct camps forming. It’s a real sh#tshow we got going on. Clue, these problems start at the top.

I totally forgot about Huskerpedia!  That was one of the first boards I read but never signed up.  There were a few guys that posted that that were so in love with themselves that it made me blush.