Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

20 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I agree.  But, then you have a governor who tried like in Michigan and what happens?  Some idiots decide to storm the state house with their guns to threaten the politicians.

I'm going to fart in your general direction if you do.

:zoom:snacks:

3 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Why are these comments still being allowed if mine were removed.  At least be consistent Knapplc.

Is he a moderator again? 

who cares what he says. The issues are intertwined. A real moderator said that they were giving some leeway on this thread so it doesn’t spread all over the board. 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

The issues are intertwined. A real moderator said that they were giving some leeway on this thread so it doesn’t spread all over the board. 

The bolded hasn't been the case for some time as the leeway was abused.

(The rest of this isn't directed at you krc1995)

A lot of what I see being posted here goes beyond simple topic inter-mingling and is turning into a bash session of elected officials and policies. If that's what someone wants to discuss, there's a forum and a thread for that. This isn't it.

Please use your better judgement.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

I believed back in July that liability issues would tank the season, and I even posted about that here in this thread. So none of that is lost on me.

But officially, we now have a new sort of precedent. The precedent is that even with an already inherently dangerous sport like football, the conferences have officially said here that they do not align at all with the sort of message that Frost gave that says players are actually safer in a strict set of protocols set by the programs.

Man...if I was a guy on our team I'd be so pi$$ed. All that work in the weight room, the training table, conditioning...all wasted. Maybe I'm just more pessimistic than the average person, but if I was a player I'd be skeptical if I'd even get to play next fall after going through the motions all over again for next year.

The precedent here is probably pretty big IMO. Going to be interesting to see if there's systemic push-back from athletes that boils up pretty big in the near future. Will not surprise me - and I won't blame the players at all for demanding changes.

45 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I agree.  But, then you have a governor who tried like in Michigan and what happens?  Some idiots decide to storm the state house with their guns to threaten the politicians.

I'm going to fart in your general direction if you do.

But Knapp wears a mask, so that fart's sort of a non starter.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Undone said:

I believed back in July that liability issues would tank the season, and I even posted about that here in this thread. So none of that is lost on me.

But officially, we now have a new sort of precedent. The precedent is that even with an already inherently dangerous sport like football, the conferences have officially said here that they do not align at all with the sort of message that Frost gave that says players are actually safer in a strict set of protocols set by the programs.

Man...if I was a guy on our team I'd be so pi$$ed. All that work in the weight room, the training table, conditioning...all wasted. Maybe I'm just more pessimistic than the average person, but if I was a player I'd be skeptical if I'd even get to play next fall after going through the motions all over again for next year.

The precedent here is probably pretty big IMO. Going to be interesting to see if there's systemic push-back from athletes that boils up pretty big in the near future. Will not surprise me - and I won't blame the players at all for demanding changes.

I’m ok with canceling, as long as everyone cancels. I posted sometime ago about the NCAA’s liability in terms of unfair recruiting practices if they don’t make the season unified. 

I guess its possible that the other conferences may cancel which will remove the unfair advantage. I think the BIG was the first to go to only conference, and now one of the first to outright cancel. Maybe the others will follow. 

32 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I’m ok with canceling, as long as everyone cancels. I posted sometime ago about the NCAA’s liability in terms of unfair recruiting practices if they don’t make the season unified. 

I guess its possible that the other conferences may cancel which will remove the unfair advantage. I think the BIG was the first to go to only conference, and now one of the first to outright cancel. Maybe the others will follow. 

I am honestly hoping the SEC, ACC, and Big12 stand pat and have a successful season. :cheers