Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

4 minutes ago, quesadilla said:

While it's hypocritical for colleges to go on but cancel sports, tons of colleges are reversing their plans too.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2020/08/12/hundreds-colleges-walk-back-fall-reopening-plans-and-opt-online-only-instruction

For any school that goes forward, this semester is going to end up just like the last one - cancelled sports and remote learning.

At this point, I'm more curious to see how coaches try to protect eligibility for players after they go forward for a few games before the season blows up. Why burn eligibility on an aborted season full of fill-in opponents from North Dakota? 

Good point except, once again the NCAA and Big Nine (? lol) fail totally.  As far as I have read, there has been no declaration of extra year or any part of a year eligibility for players who dont play.  Big Ten just denied the players a year of fb unless NCAA changes rules.  They may - or may not.   Should have been done back in May imo. 

Interesting. I assumed that if a school didn't field a team for games or practices, then it couldn't count as a year of eligibility for the player. The schools just take the financial hit of paying scholarships for no games. 

But if they loose a year even if sitting idle, then that explains why so many are pinning their hopes on spring ball instead.

Failure to plan on so many levels.

• Plus1 1

There may not be college football for quite some time.  Fauci has said dont count on an effective vaccine.  The doctors are already learning how to treat it better but that doesnt seem to matter.  We are having more and more positives and less and less deaths but people are still irrationally fearful of this.  I hope there is a great vaccine or treatment but until then the world is on hold until we learn to accept some of the risk that comes with this virus.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, onlyHskrfaninIL said:

There may not be college football for quite some time.  Fauci has said dont count on an effective vaccine.  The doctors are already learning how to treat it better but that doesnt seem to matter.  We are having more and more positives and less and less deaths but people are still irrationally fearful of this.  I hope there is a great vaccine or treatment but until then the world is on hold until we learn to accept some of the risk that comes with this virus.  

There are 6 vaccine candidates that are in Phase 3 Trials, which means they all passed phase two.  I think the risk is that by the time regular people can get one, the virus will be an ignored footnote in the news.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, onlyHskrfaninIL said:

He said he doubts it'll be 98% effective, not that he doubts an effective vaccine will be developed.  

16 minutes ago, onlyHskrfaninIL said:

No vaccine is ever 100% effective. I’m sure there’s lots of differences in types of viruses- influenza, polo, measles, etc. too. Like the polo vaccine seems to be 100%-why, but the flu-is a crap shoot. And yes I know the strains have to be predicted and all but good heavens, i get the flu shot every year and have for 20. In Oct 2017 I had the shot, in Feb I had the flu so bad I missed 10 days work- first time I’ve had the actual flu and the strain i had was supposedly covered in the shot. 

then had the shot on Oct 2018 and had the flu in November- why? I’m very healthy  

• Fire 1
42 minutes ago, onlyHskrfaninIL said:

we had 1400 deaths today? Not sure where you are getting this idea because its not true. 

• Plus1 2

8 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

we had 1400 deaths today? Not sure where you are getting this idea because its not true. 

You still pay attention to deaths and positive tests? All the fake positives and deaths falsely claimed I just don’t really care what is “reported” anymore. The only thing I know for sure is no one on this board or in this country knows what the hell is actually going on. You only know what the latest fake facts your being fed. It’s really funny actually our country is inflating the bad news and other countries are deflating the bad news trying to claim they have it under control. Anyone actually believe Russia and China give honest data haha? 

• Thanks 4
  • Fire 2
2 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

You still pay attention to deaths and positive tests? All the fake positives and deaths falsely claimed I just don’t really care what is “reported” anymore. The only thing I know for sure is no one on this board or in this country knows what the hell is actually going on. You only know what the latest fake facts your being fed. It’s really funny actually our country is inflating the bad news and other countries are deflating the bad news trying to claim they have it under control. Anyone actually believe Russia and China give honest data haha? 

How about those spherical earthers? Fake facts! Geocentric for life!

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Please give some evidence showing the death toll is falsely inflated or don't make the claim, because it is completely untrue. If anything the death toll has been undercounted. 

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 4
1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

Please give some evidence showing the death toll is falsely inflated or don't make the claim, because it is completely untrue. If anything the death toll has been undercounted. 

So modern day journalism reports on things now days with no evidence- but huskerboard requires hard data? That’s funny. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 5
1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

So modern day journalism reports on things now days with no evidence- but huskerboard requires hard data? That’s funny. 

If you make a baseless claim on here you should expect someone to ask you to back it up. And if you can't, well, I guess thats to be expected too. 

• Plus1 4