Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

22 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

we had 1400 deaths today? Not sure where you are getting this idea because its not true. 

the mortality rate is going down whether you want to accept it or not.  7 to 8 thousand people died per day in this country before covid.  1400 on top of that is nothing.  and we all know they are calling pretty much every death right now a covid death to get the federal money.  my wife works in the hospital here and she admits they are doing that.  this is not something we should be shutting the whole country down for at this point.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, onlyHskrfaninIL said:

the mortality rate is going down whether you want to accept it or not.  7 to 8 thousand people died per day in this country before covid.  1400 on top of that is nothing.  and we all know they are calling pretty much every death right now a covid death to get the federal money.  my wife works in the hospital here and she admits they are doing that.  this is not something we should be shutting the whole country down for at this point.

I don't believe you. What you are saying has been debunked over and over again. Hospitals get no extra money from COVID deaths. 1400 deaths a day on top of what we already have is absolutely significant. Thats nearly heart disease level which is the deadliest disease in the US. Mortality rate is going down but anyone with a brain knew it wasn't 3.4%. Best estimate has been 0.5%-1% for awhile now and that is still the best estimate. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, onlyHskrfaninIL said:

There may not be college football for quite some time.  Fauci has said dont count on an effective vaccine.  The doctors are already learning how to treat it better but that doesnt seem to matter.  We are having more and more positives and less and less deaths but people are still irrationally fearful of this.  I hope there is a great vaccine or treatment but until then the world is on hold until we learn to accept some of the risk that comes with this virus.  

Who is “irrationally” fearful of this?

people that are simply following the guidelines and wish others would?

• Plus1 6

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

I won't give names...but about 25% of the people I work with are irrationally fearful of this...as in...sitting at their desk behind a desk shield and then upon entering...me with a mask on...15 -- 20 feet away...they also put on their mask.  

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, onlyHskrfaninIL said:

18% of total daily deaths isn't significant? Someone failed math.

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I don't believe you. What you are saying has been debunked over and over again. Hospitals get no extra money from COVID deaths. 1400 deaths a day on top of what we already have is absolutely significant. Thats nearly heart disease level which is the deadliest disease in the US. Mortality rate is going down but anyone with a brain knew it wasn't 3.4%. Best estimate has been 0.5%-1% for awhile now and that is still the best estimate. 

you dont have to believe but what i say is true.  there are a lot of people that think and still think the death rate is in the 3s.  

you are entitled to your beliefs but i dont think 1400 people a day (and declining) is enough to justify millions of kids not going to school, and millions of people losing their jobs.  

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

people who want to shut everything down until there is a vaccine.

you are in charge of your own health.  i wear a mask because its the courteous thing to do but you really need to stop worrying about what others do.  you have ZERO control over them.

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I won't give names...but about 25% of the people I work with are irrationally fearful of this...as in...sitting at their desk behind a desk shield and then upon entering...me with a mask on...15 -- 20 feet away...they also put on their mask.  

yes lots of people like this i see it every day

• Fire 2

53 minutes ago, onlyHskrfaninIL said:

they'll be lucky to get a third of the population to even take it

50% would be fine, especially if the over 55 population is a higher % getting the vaccine.  We already have at least 15% with antibodies.  We will see how long they last and whether or not the virus mutates very much, which wouldn’t be too bad considering most viruses weaken as they mutate. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1