Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Hospitals get a 20% kicker from

CMS for COVID patients.  It’s legislation from the CARES Act. 

the thing to look out for is what the death talley is the next 2 years once Covid deaths significantly fall.  Vast majority of deaths are in age group 70 and above.  How many of those people that unfortunately passed away with Covid diagnosis would have passed away within the next 24 months anyways?   If Covid is under control by March/April of next year, will the 2021 and 2022 death count be lower than what’s normally expected because of those who passed away in 2020.  

It's amazing how easy it is to be callous about someone else's life.

• Plus1 4
5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Like...I get it...I get that on TV they show the protesting teachers, it makes for a better story.

Since Monday I have been at school and practice...No one wants to be at home teaching.  I sort of don't want to coach because the kids I have are horrible but still...I have a a covid "survivor" on my staff, he is all in...I have a 45 year teaching vet on the staff, he is all in...

Do I hate wearing a mask to teach and coach in all day, yes.  Very much so.

its a little different here.  the schools here were supposed to open with parents having the choice of all in person or all e learning.  the super announced this about 2-3 weeks ago.  i was ok with that we were going to send our autistic son back in person because he needs to be around typical kids.  last friday they send out an email saying they changed their mind and its all in person then today we get an email saying they dont have laptops for all the kids because of some shipping delay.  its been a huge cluster-f.  my wife has gotten emails from some teachers who did want to go back saying apparently there was basically a boycott from the union and no one (or not enough) wanted to work because they were scared.  

• Plus1 2

8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Hospitals get a 20% kicker from

CMS for COVID patients.  It’s legislation from the CARES Act. 
Key word patient. They don't get extra money for COVID deaths. 

the thing to look out for is what the death talley is the next 2 years once Covid deaths significantly fall.  Vast majority of deaths are in age group 70 and above.  How many of those people that unfortunately passed away with Covid diagnosis would have passed away within the next 24 months anyways?   If Covid is under control by March/April of next year, will the 2021 and 2022 death count be lower than what’s normally expected because of those who passed away in 2020.  

Will deaths be less in the future than they are now? Yes but not because of what you are saying. Better therapies+vaccine/immunity will drive down deaths by 2022.

• Thanks 1
Just now, Nebfanatic said:

Will deaths be less in the future than they are now? Yes but not because of what you are saying. Better therapies+vaccine/immunity will drive down deaths by 2022.

Sorry but I’m not sure I phrased that properly.  I mean the overall US death numbers from everything combined.  If the US has 100,000 citizens pass away this year in excess of what’s normal, but 80% of those patients were 75 years old and above and 40% Of them would have passed away in the next two years regardless of Covid, it’s possible that the total US deaths in 2021 or 2022 with be under what’s considered normal. 

This is a different scenario than the Spanish flu being that the Spanish flu killed so many people under age of 50. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, onlyHskrfaninIL said:

well you got me there buster..the restaurants are at 30% of previous capacity instead of 0%.  i guess we are all systems go a ok.

Actually, no. They are at whatever capacity they can hold as long as groups are under 10 and tables are 6 feet apart. 

https://www.illinoisrestaurants.org/news/513835/State-of-Illinois-Releases-Phase-IV-Guidelines-for-Restaurants-and-Bars.htm

now, standing room is around there. 

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Actually, no. They are at whatever capacity they can hold as long as groups are under 10 and tables are 6 feet apart. 

https://www.illinoisrestaurants.org/news/513835/State-of-Illinois-Releases-Phase-IV-Guidelines-for-Restaurants-and-Bars.htm

now, standing room is around there. 

well what a hoot.  see its not just about the rules its also about perception and there are so many irrationally afraid that dont want to venture out of their bedroom.  that goes back to my original comment.  good night very fun chatting with you.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Unless I’m wrong, hospitals don’t get paid for any deaths.  They get paid for services rendered to the patient.   Only the physician who performs the announcement of death can bill for it. 

• Plus1 3
27 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Who’s being callous? 

Exactly. 

we all get it. Been wearing a mask and only leaving when necessary for 5 months. I care about those that suffered the ultimate demise. 

those that get it, get it. Some will be okay, others not. Some will die, others not. It’s bad and it sucks really bad. I know a few on both spectrums. It’s sad, not callous. 

but it’s here, and the ‘science’ says those under 25ish will not suffer the bad parts. If you are in a vulnerable place, stay home. If not, we have we must get things moving. Including football. Football isn’t an answer, but what will happen when we don’t is chaos and more detrimental than everyone doing nothing in society. 

not callous, but looking to 6-10 months from now it’ll be worse since we are now doing nothing  (society/physically). 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1