Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

54 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

so I know that Warren is being scapegoated, but if they go back on this I feel like the league is just going to fall apart and no one will follow whom is in charge.

Gotta help saddle Warren's horse for him and see him nicely into the sunset and get somebody new in there in order to unite under leadership again.  

• Plus1 5

8 minutes ago, Bledred said:

I would take the ACC line-up over the B1G any day of the week. 

Well it will be the kind of situation that WV is in now playing in the Big 12 - far east school playing midwest teams.  Nebraska would be the midwest team playing in the far east.  Doesn't work well for our fans.  I'm sure we'd be more competitive as it seems that there typically in only one real good ACC team at a time in that league. FSU is down, Miami is down and VT is good but not great.  Just Clemson.   But from a finance situation, travel situation and competition/rival situation it doesn't make sense.  It would make more sense for NU to go back to the Big 12 but even that has its major issues - money and academics/research

• Plus1 1
15 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

The goal all along has been to minimize those of high risk in order to ensure enough hospital capacity/ventilators/etc...  I feel like any stats around college campuses should focus on these factors and not simply the number of cases.  I know of at least 10 people from my work or family/friend circles that have tested positive, and almost all did not even realize they had it. If most people are able to recover on their own, we should not be making decisions simply on the number or percent of positive cases but rather the original goal of hospital/equipment capacity. 

The problem is that societally in the U.S. we're not really in agreement on which of these two routes is best:

1. Protect the vulnerable to the best reasonable degree that we can but other than that let the virus run its course.

- or -

2. Attempt to physically distance to the highest reasonable degree and hold out until a vaccine saves the day and then gives everyone a certain threshold of feeling safe.

This is why saying we'll play in spring is a complete joke to me; the longer we keep attempting to do these isolated shut downs (such as removing college students from campus) and then starting back up, people who hadn't yet been exposed to C19 contract it. We're stringing the situation along but we're in this limbo where we're not committed to either Option 1 or Option 2 above.

Delaying the fall season start or saying we'll play in spring is a total joke.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I dont see any conference changes but the Big Ten may let NU go play elsewhere as a compromise if games can be found.  Its getting late to schedule as days pass by.  Moos may want to set up 6 at home in the area.  Then if things work, find a few more later.  We can play 7 without using any eligibility.  Get the best of both.  KSU, ISU, NDSU, SDSU, Notre Dame, Maybe Ohio State or Iowa.  Then a Alamo Bowl vs a SEC like Tex AM.  ?  Just for fun.  Maybe 4-3 or so.  Or Ga Tech or a UCF in Orlando?   

58 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

Gotta help saddle Warren's horse for him and see him nicely into the sunset and get somebody new in there in order to unite under leadership again.  

Too bad there isn't an AD at Wisky that would be a good fit for the job. 

5 minutes ago, UniversalMartin said:

Bubble 4 teams together for 3 weeks. Each team gets 3 games in 3 weeks. Take a week off, 3 teams charter to another bubble in that time another 3 come in...rinse and repeat for 3 times. That is 9 games in 11 weeks.

Ok. Now tell us how those teams in the bubble are going to go to class and keep up with schoolwork. 

• Plus1 1

The state will have nearly every high school playing fall sports. (Likely, nearly every B1G state will have high school fall sports) In that is my confusion. How is it "ok" for high school students to play and not college students? Which student base is more likely to adhere to strict policy? Are high school students really more responsible then college students? If ever we needed a "Whats good for the goose is good for the gander." quote to go by, yes?

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Loebarth said:

The state will have nearly every high school playing fall sports. (Likely, nearly every B1G state will have high school fall sports) In that is my confusion. How is it "ok" for high school students to play and not college students? Which student base is more likely to adhere to strict policy? Are high school students really more responsible then college students? If ever we needed a "Whats good for the goose is good for the gander." quote to go by, yes?

I think Ohio will find out today if they can play contact sports this fall. A HS usually only has kids from your own town and you are playing kids from surrounding towns. If a HS needs to cancel their season because they have an outbreak, it isn't a huge deal. A college has people from all over the world coming to one location, if they have in person classes at the time, with individuals living in close proxmity to each other. Then you are traveling to another state, staying in hotels, and playing another college. If a school needs to cancel a game or a season, that is a big deal. I don't know...it seems really different to me.

26 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Ok. Now tell us how those teams in the bubble are going to go to class and keep up with schoolwork. 

Online?

There are many times teams have away games 2 out of 3 weeks, leaving on a Thursday or Friday to get there.

This actually provides them a more stationary home for 3 weeks. I mean come on, let's not act like online learning is not completely possible for this.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
31 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

"Why should we have to go to class if we come here to play FOOTBALL, we ain't come to play SCHOOL, classes are POINTLESS." - Cardale Jones from The Ohio State University. :cowbell:

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2