Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

1 minute ago, Frostberg said:

According to Zach Smith (ex ohio st wr coach) on his podcast, the schools that voted to play were Nebraska, Iowa, Purdue, Ohio St, and Penn St. The surprise no votes were Michigan and Wisconsin and had they voted yes it could have been enough to change the outcome.

Super surprised that Wisky would have voted no with the walk in the park schedule they were handed out of the gate. Getting them to come back and say yes may be tricky as this new 6 team home and home thing looks to be, shall we say, slightly more difficult. 

@Frostberg Snook's article says “They really need to flip Wisconsin and Michigan to get to six schools and make this thing work. And they have only so much time to do it. They need to make progress and get it done in the next seven to 10 days.” That implies only four schools are on board right now - one fewer than on the list you reference. Maybe one of the schools that had voted to play has since decided that they're just going to respect the conference's decision as final? :dunno

4 minutes ago, jaws said:

This thread went off the rails once the names Jeff Snook and Zac Smith started showing up in this thread. Now it is ok to trust these people?

Tell us more about Jeff Snook. I know he's a Buckeye blogger. Is he trustworthy, or in the same category as Zach Smith?

15 hours ago, UniversalMartin said:

In your opinion, are college athletes who live in a bubble, that have a fairly regimented schedule while in said bubble more likely to attend online courses than students who really have no one monitoring their attendance and dont live in a structured environment 

If Nebraska were to go completely online, like MSU, it could work. 

If not, it'd be a disaster. 

I believe it was Moos (could be wrong) that early on made it clear we wouldn't be playing if students weren't on campus. We all know student athletes are treated differently than regular students, but only allowing athletes on campus for the semester would rub a lot of people the wrong way. Even though it would make sports pretty safe.

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Tell us more about Jeff Snook. I know he's a Buckeye blogger. Is he trustworthy, or in the same category as Zach Smith?

He reported about the Smith situation at OSU and his accounts were much different than ESPN and others. I really don't know how trustworthy he is, but you can read about his reports by searching for Jeff Snook and Zac Smith. Just seeing the two names together doesn't really remind me of good times. 

• Thanks 1
Just now, jaws said:

He reported about the Smith situation at OSU and his accounts were much different than ESPN and others. I really don't know how trustworthy he is, but you can read about his reports by searching for Jeff Snook and Zac Smith. Just seeing the two names together doesn't really remind me of good times. 

Reading some opinions about him on BuckeyePlanet, it seems he's been a lot more miss than hit. They're bringing up his incorrect predictions about Tressel, Urban Meyer, etc.

LINK

He says he has connections, which are always anonymous. For instance, it's ludicrous to think that any members of the Board were talking to him after the Urban situation, and that was evidenced by the fact that their subsequent actions towards Drake (glowing revue and maximum bonus) directly contradicted what his allegedly iron clad sources on the Board had been telling him. He was absolutely wrong about the fundraising effect of the Urban suspension and retirement. He was absolutely wrong about Tressel being any kind of candidate for President.

What Snook does is throw s#!t at the wall (uniformly in line with the desires of his mouth breathing followers on Ozone) with the "my sources tell me" background, and if it sticks, he comes off as some serious insider type guy. If it turns out to be bulls#!t, everyone forgets, and he just moves on to the next "my sources tell me" story line.

Perhaps he has some athletic department sources with regards to things like recruiting or the preseason depth chart. With regards to sources on important university-wide decision making coming out of Bricker Hall or the Board much less the Big Ten offices in Rosemont, I think he's utterly full of s#!t, and his track record of failure backs me up on this.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
23 minutes ago, jaws said:

This thread went off the rails once the names Jeff Snook and Zac Smith started showing up in this thread. Now it is ok to trust these people?

I'm simply reporting what is being said. Not saying Zack Smith is a great guy or that what he said is 100% accurate.

• Plus1 1