Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

there will be some teams that push forward and play some games....but i strongly suspect that they will  cancel their seasons after 3 games at most.   the SEC might push it further then that...but i also think SEC fans would be in favor of the team captain of the losing team being executed for daring to lose that game.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I can't imagine how the players feel right now.  Rumors being fired everywhere, the league is being silent, and they have no clue what will happen tomorrow.  At least as fans we can tune it out if we choose to.  

I'm sure they're pretty frustrated. I think James Franklin's comments earlier today reflect his and his players' frustration with everything.

I was just coming to post this, GSG.

Weird that Wisconsin has been so silent in all this talk about Fall football maybe happening. This may be why.

A revised Big Ten football schedule could feature a January start

Big Ten officials are working on a revised football schedule that could feature teams starting their season in early January.

Penn State athletic director Sandy Barbour said Monday during a Zoom meeting with reporters that the league could release the revised 2020 schedule within a week or so.

Multiple college football sources told the Journal Sentinel Tuesday afternoon that Big Ten officials have decided to start the season as early as possible.

That would allow players to finish their season before the 2021 National Football League draft, set to be held April 29 through May 1.

The Big Ten announced Aug. 11 it was shutting down all of the league's fall sports because of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic but hoped to move the football season to the second semester. 

Parents of UW football players were briefed about the plan Tuesday night and were told it involves the use of indoor facilities. They were also told league officials are still uncertain how a shortened season would affect the eligibility of players, particularly seniors. A final decision could be made within a week. 

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I was just coming to post this, GSG.

Weird that Wisconsin has been so silent in all this talk about Fall football maybe happening. This may be why.

This is better than nothing, but definitely has some holes.  There will be no fans even if they started in the fall, but I have to figure the Huskers would be on the road for every game if the season started in January.

So many domino's still left to fall.  How the virus plays out in the US, how the conferences season who are trying to move forward play out.  Testing procedures put in place, in person or continued remote learning and how many campuses commit to either.  I'm hopeful but not holding my breathe.

Just now, RedSavage said:

So what they’re saying is, WE’RE FINALLY GETTING A DOME?!

But really though, where would the games be played?  And wouldn’t outside be safer from a covid standpoint?

I think a dome would be about equal to outside as far as air particle mixture. Lots of open space in a dome.

Should Nebraska get a dome? HECK YES, if they expect us to play home games in January!  :D

B1G logic:

Starting football in September is unsafe due to medical risks for kids.

Starting football in January with likely little change in the way of infections/treatments/vaccine and increased risk due to likely winter resurgence and flu season is safe.

Got it.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
17 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

B1G logic:

Starting football in September is unsafe due to medical risks for kids.

Starting football in January with likely little change in the way of infections/treatments/vaccine and increased risk due to likely winter resurgence and flu season is safe.

Got it.

Yeah. This seems like not the best series of decisions by a conference ever.

• Plus1 2