Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Ohio State is a pillar of the Big Ten. They are not going to "revolt" against the conference they've been the marquee member of for a century.

Lots of evidence shows you are wrong about this. Day has been very vocal about it. They aren’t going to let even an asterisk national title season be taken from them by an inept commissioner without a fight. 

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, Omaha fan said:

Lots of evidence shows you are wrong about this. Day has been very vocal about it. They aren’t going to let even an asterisk national title season be taken from them by an inept commissioner without a fight. 

When Ohio State rebels against the Big Ten I'll gladly eat crow. 

And Warren didn't take anything away from Ohio State because he didn't make the decision because that's not his decision to make. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

When Ohio State rebels against the Big Ten I'll gladly eat crow. 

And Warren didn't take anything away from Ohio State because he didn't make the decision because that's not his decision to make. 

He did so by aggressively lobbying for cancellation of the season and railroading the decision. 

Ohio state is leading the charge now it seems. I’ve never had crow, doesn’t look appetizing at all. Lol 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I assume these are very smart people working on this and how they can with a straight face say starting in January is safer than September just blows my mind. You're basing it all on hope things get better in the face of every expert saying that won't happen. 

I assume these are very smart people working on this and how they can with a straight face say starting in January is safer than September just blows my mind. You're basing it all on hope things get better in the face of every expert saying that won't happen. 

This is a leap,  but SEC Shorts and Sir Yacht both spoke up on the same day. 

Maybe. . .  your conference expected everyone to fall in line behind their example.  Then they realized they were getting egg on their mask and frantically are planning a reversal.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Omaha fan said:

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/college/uw/2020/08/18/revised-big-ten-football-season-could-begin-january/5602516002/

Starting in January won’t work or solve many of the issues and will create new ones.

Not enough indoor practice area

Domed stadium games means no bailouts for the local economies like lincoln

Season would be in middle of flu season 

We should have built that indoor stadium after the Akron storm like we talked about! /s

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1