Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

5 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

67 NFL guys are sitting out the season, the rest have decided it is an occupational hazard, with risks being a personal choice.

for me i could care less who plays in the National Felons league, i won't be watching them kneeling or the multiple anthems, 

a political stunt, not football.

You'll be missing football played at the very highest level. If you like the game, you should like NFL football. 

Also, every one of those players came out of college football. 

Who exactly are the Felons in your National Felons League?  Is there less criminal activity in college? 

• Plus1 2

7 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You'll be missing football played at the very highest level. If you like the game, you should like NFL football. 

Also, every one of those players came out of college football. 

Who exactly are the Felons in your National Felons League?  Is there less criminal activity in college? 

did Aaron Hernandez kill anyone in college?  I can't remember from the doc if they said he did or not.

• Plus1 2

I don't care for what some players in the NFL do but I won't let that keep me from enjoying a sport I enjoy watching.  There are a lot of good people there as well.  In my opinion, it is probably just about on par with any other group of rich people.  Some of them are bound to be a$$ holes.  

• Plus1 3

26 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

did Aaron Hernandez kill anyone in college?  I can't remember from the doc if they said he did or not.

No. Players only learn to kill, steal, abuse domestic partners, consume drugs, and wave firearms at strip clubs when they move from God-fearing colleges to the kneel-enforcing NFL. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
48 minutes ago, nic said:

I get that COVID is more contagious than other viruses, but many viruses and other infections we deal with today can cause heart issues correct?  Is the number of heart issues caused from COVID much worse than other viruses because of what the virus does, or just because COVID is more prevalent right now? 

You can get myocarditis after you've battled even a cold virus. The virus settles into the heart and causes inflammation. I've actually researched this long before COVID was a thing, and my own personal research shows that even bad cold viruses can result in myocarditis.

My brother and I both get weird symptoms like this after we've fought off a tough virus.

*Edit: I can't come anywhere close to helping provide an answer of how these heart inflammation issues compare percentage wise between C19 and other viruses though.

28 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/arrests/

read them for yourself. players making millions and still acting like thugs.

I had $20 on you using the word "thugs."  Thanks for playing. 

Now remind me why this doesn't affect your appreciation of college football. 

https://247sports.com/Gallery/College-football-teams-that-have-had-the-most-players-arrested-43079607/PostAssets/?View=Main&Items=25

• Plus1 2

11 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I had $20 on you using the word "thugs."  Thanks for playing. 

Now remind me why this doesn't affect your appreciation of college football. 

https://247sports.com/Gallery/College-football-teams-that-have-had-the-most-players-arrested-43079607/PostAssets/?View=Main&Items=25

man, Iowa beating Nebraska in arrest as well.  When will this abuse stop

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
30 minutes ago, Undone said:

You can get myocarditis after you've battled even a cold virus. The virus settles into the heart and causes inflammation. I've actually researched this long before COVID was a thing, and my own personal research shows that even bad cold viruses can result in myocarditis.

My brother and I both get weird symptoms like this after we've fought off a tough virus.

*Edit: I can't come anywhere close to helping provide an answer of how these heart inflammation issues compare percentage wise between C19 and other viruses though.

From the CDC website:  

"Studies have shown that flu illness is associated with an increase of heart attacks and stroke. A 2018 study found that the risk of heart attack was 6 times higher within a week of confirmed flu infection. These findings were most pronounced for older adults and those experiencing their first heart attack."

from WebMD:

"Viral infections like the flu also put added stress on your body, which can affect your blood pressure, heart rate, and overall heart function. That can raise your odds of having a heart attack or stroke."

From Johns Hopkins:

"Rheumatic heart disease is a condition in which the heart valves have been permanently damaged by rheumatic fever. The heart valve damage may start shortly after untreated or under-treated streptococcal infection such as strep throat or scarlet fever."

Seems like we have been living with this possibility for other reasons......

I was curious because there seems to be a lot of decisions being made based on fear. I guess we have lost the time when people took personal responsibility. I remember a story about my older brother beating the crap out of someone and breaking his glasses. Turned out that the kid ran him off the road. When the father showed up at our house demanding we pay for the glasses, he was told about the latter part. He confirmed it, came back and apologized to my family, and said his kid would pay for the glasses. I am sure the kid got whooping #2 as well. The good ol days.....

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Is Saturdaytradition.com an ok site to get information from?  Asking for a friend.  He wants to see if it is OK to make an informed decision or not.  I guess we need a list?