Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

7 hours ago, hunter49 said:

and as for college football in the spring, it will be a pony league with the high draft picks sitting out. no reputable agent is gonna advise his stars to risk injury, just prior to the draft, as many have said. a makeup schedule with constant traveling will be a covid nightmare.

All of the top upperclassman of our opponents will not be playing while all of our upperclassman will be playing?  Sounds good to me! 

Looks like the Big Six Rebellion of 2020 is at its end.  And the culprit is none other than Gretchen the Grinch who stole the 2020 College Football Season.

"I was also told that one roadblock to the new plan is the fact that Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer has been vehemently opposed to football being played—at the high school and college level—in the state this fall," explained veteran college football writer Jeff Snook.

After the Big Ten Conference postponed its football season on August 11, Ohio State's Smith recruited the University of Iowa, University of Nebraska, and Penn State University to be part of a six-team season. To move forward with the season, Smith needed to get two more programs on board and was hopeful Harbaugh's Wolverines would be one of them."

https://freebeacon.com/coronavirus/the-gretchen-who-stole-football/

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Bledred said:

Looks like the Big Six Rebellion of 2020 is at its end.  And the culprit is none other than Gretchen the Grinch who stole the 2020 College Football Season.

"I was also told that one roadblock to the new plan is the fact that Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer has been vehemently opposed to football being played—at the high school and college level—in the state this fall," explained veteran college football writer Jeff Snook.

After the Big Ten Conference postponed its football season on August 11, Ohio State's Smith recruited the University of Iowa, University of Nebraska, and Penn State University to be part of a six-team season. To move forward with the season, Smith needed to get two more programs on board and was hopeful Harbaugh's Wolverines would be one of them."

https://freebeacon.com/coronavirus/the-gretchen-who-stole-football/

Decisions to allow programs and individuals the choice to play or not are politically motivated/geopolitical?  I'm stunned to learn of this...

• Plus1 4
2 hours ago, Bledred said:

When the NFL stadiums look like this for most teams, you bet they will care:

download (1).jpg

Off-topic, but man that's an ugly emblem at the 50. For a moment I thought I was looking at a soccer field...

8 hours ago, floridacorn said:

Decisions to allow programs and individuals the choice to play or not are politically motivated/geopolitical?  I'm stunned to learn of this...

This thing has broken right down political fault lines for the most part

States that went red in 2016 are playing football: 

Sec-alabama Florida Georgia Tennessee Arkansas South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky Missouri  Texas 

Big 12 all red -Texas Oklahoma Kansas iowa West Virginia 

Acc-red North Carolina, Georgia, South Carolina , Pennsylvania , Florida    
Outlier blues:  New York, Virginia 

no go blues:

pac 12- California, Oregon, Washington, colorado, Arizona 

outlier Red- Utah 

big 10

yeahs - reds - Nebraska, Iowa, Ohio, pennsylvania, Indiana 

nos- tied states: Michigan, Wisconsin 

blues no-new York, Maryland. , Illinois, Minnesota 

So really easy to see why the sec, big 12 and acc we’re so unified to play

we also see why the pac 12 was so unified not to play

Very obvious to see why the big 10 was so split, we Are are not politically homogenous at all like the other conferences.

At the end of the day culturally our country differs a bit from area to area and in some places football is important and in others not so much .  Looks like university presidents either think like their constituants or they just voted for those interests 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Fire 1

9 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Well that was quick.  I literally said that there could be lawsuits against the Big 14 because of this just hours ago. 

27 minutes ago, Omaha fan said:

This thing has broken right down political fault lines for the most part

States that went red in 2016 are playing football 

Sec-alabama Florida Georgia Tennessee Arkansas South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky Missouri  Texas 

Big 12 -Texas Oklahoma Kansas iowa West Virginia 

North Carolina, Georgia, South Carolina , Pennsylvania , Florida    Outlier New York 

no go blues:

pac 12- California, Oregon, Washington, colorado, Arizona 

outlier- Utah 

big 10

yeahs - reds - Nebraska, Iowa, Ohio, pennsylvania, Indiana 

nos- tied states Michigan, Wisconsin 

blues no-new York, Maryland. , Illinois, Minnesota 

So really easy to see why the sec, big 12 and acc we’re so unified to play

we also see why the pac 12 was so unified not to play

Very obvious to see why the big 10 was so split, we Are are not politically homogenous at all like the other conferences.

At the end of the day culturally our country differs a bit from area to area and in some places football is important and in others not so much .  Looks like university presidents either think like their constituants or they just voted for those interests 

download.gif

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

My perspective is going to be different due to me living and working in a part of each conference . Yes diverse and great people in every spot but the majority cultures, what is important to them is so very different. 

Areas I lived and worked in sales , so I talked to lots of the same guys for long periods of time and covered lots of ground

bay area- state of California only. Some of the most amazing and hard working people in the world are farming here in the valley and eastern Cali. Could easily be midwesterners. But majority is liberal 

seattle- Washington only. Very liberal 

dallas- had 4 states-Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana. Some of the coolest people in the world in okc, Texas hill country and west Texas. Conservative 

Denver- Colorado only- liberal 

florida panhandle- florida, Alabama, mississipi, Louisiana-Very conservative. 

Omaha -Des Moines- lincoln

covering Nebraska, iowa, South Dakota. Conservative 

Worked  here for companies based in New York City and Boston- so I’ve been to both spots for a grand total of maybe 70-80 days- never lived there. Very liberal 

Love our country, have great friends in all those spots , but we are very different by region, closest to us is west Texas 

• Plus1 1
28 minutes ago, Omaha fan said:

My aplohogies if that is a bit much, it’s just a perspective due to me living and working in a part of each conference and they really are so different. Yes diverse and great people in every spot but the majority cultures, what is important to them is so very different. I’m not going to slam any area- just saying each region is different from each other

, some significantly. So none of this surprises me at all. 

Areas I lived and worked in sales, so I talked to lots of people and covered lots of ground

bay area- California only. Some of the most amazing and hard working people in the world are farming here in the valley and eastern Cali. Could easily be midwesterners. 

seattle- Washington only

dallas- had 4 states-Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana. Some of the coolest people in the world in okc, Texas hill country and west Texas. 

Denver- Colorado only

florida panhandle- florida, Alabama, mississipi, Louisiana-  panhandle in much much different than rest of state 

Omaha -Des Moines- lincoln

covering Nebraska, iowa, South Dakota 

closest to us is west Texas 

Was not a bit much...was exactly what I was thinking.  Very easy to see for someone who takes an extrospective approach.  To highlight this point consider the following:

World War I:  Did not cancel college football

Stock Market Crash of 1929: Did not cancel college football

Great Depression:  Did not cancel college football

Spanish Flu:  Did not cancel college football

World War II:  Did not cancel college football

Korean War:  Did not cancel college football

Hong Kong Virus:  Did not cancel college football

Vietnam War:  Did not cancel college football

Gulf War:  Did not cancel college football

9/11:  Did not cancel college football

Great Recession:  Did not cancel college football

Iraq War:  Did not cancel college football

Afghanistan War:  Did not cancel college football

Bird Flu:  Did not cancel college football

SARS:  Did not cancel college football

Covid-19:  cancel.....cancel....cancel...Cancel...Cancel!...Cancel!....CANCEL!!....CANCEL!!!

Gentile Exodus. 

Football being canceled is just one minor symptoms stemming from a much larger illness.  Sports are not separate from the world and the world is not separate from sports.  We like to think that sports are encased in this untouchable cocoon (as evidenced by the long history pointed out above), but they are not.  They are in the mix along with everything else in the world.  And are subject to being impacted by larger outside forces/movements just like everything else.  

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1