Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

This is government at its best!    Best of intentions, publicly expressed, but never thought out and tested before mass implementation with undesired results.  Typically very expensive, inefficient, ineffective and usually perpetual in duration.  Normally two new problems created for each perceived problem addressed.   The longer the government involvement lasts, the more permanent the indirect and  ‘always unexpected’ consequences become.  The marketplace by its nature responds with rational reactions in the direction of minimizing the economic fallout but often government in response thereto imposes more restrictions.  It becomes a never-ending cycle as government spreads like a noxious weed in the yard.  

• Thanks 5
  • Fire 2

3 hours ago, I am I said:

and indoctrinating an entire generation of kids of how to fall in line, obey the orders, ‘we can protect you’, do what we say. 

I have an 8th and a 10th grader. They are in school 2 days a week. Some of the measures they are taking are just plain stupid. For instance:  you have to walk on arrows down either side of the hall. If you are walking on the right and your class is halfway down on the left side, they make the kids walk to the END OF THE HALLWAY AND DO A U-TURN instead Of cutting across to your class. 

My daughter said both ends of the hallway are bottlenecks and all the kids are crammed in there anyway, making sure-turns! I mean it’s be funny if it weren’t so stupid and bureaucratic 

At my sons school they shut off all water fountains but one saying kids congregate around the fountains. They can't drink from the one fountain left on but have to bring water bottles to fill. My son says now any time he goes to the fountain there is like 15-20 kids huddled around with no one telling them to seperate.  But who could have saw that problem coming.:bang

6 minutes ago, skers83 said:

At my sons school they shut off all water fountains but one saying kids congregate around the fountains. They can't drink from the one fountain left on but have to bring water bottles to fill. My son says now any time he goes to the fountain there is like 15-20 kids huddled around with no one telling them to seperate.  But who could have saw that problem coming.:bang

Maybe if they wait year to start those kids will no longer be thirsty. 

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Maybe if they wait year to start those kids will no longer be thirsty. 

No. Govt will solve the drinking fountain problem, it created, by trucking in thousands of recyclable  bottles of water, then hiring four more people to inspect, count and inventory, sanitize and distribute the bottles to the students.  then collect up the empties, haul away and save the planet, by expending lots of oil, gas, metal, plastics, emissions etc to get water to a place where water is already safe and plentiful and readily available in a convenient way.  And of course, make some kids sick in a Herculean effort to prevent them from getting sick!   

• Thanks 3
  • Fire 2

5 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

All the conferences doll out big bucks. Pretty sure the lights would stay on with 45 mill in conference tv dollars vs 52 million or whatever it is. Other conferences will catch soon once they all renegotiate 

That just isn't correct.  It's closer to 15-17 million more yearly than 7 over the Big XII, and the Big Ten renegotiates right after the others do to push it more.  The gap is going to remain for a while.  Push that over a decade (150-170 million) and that's your new facility.  Still think that's not a big deal?

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/report-sec-comes-in-2nd-to-big-ten-in-2019-revenue/

• Plus1 5
5 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

As far as sports are concerned, after a university has already decided to open the dormitories and hold live in-person classes, there is no additional risk in playing sports.

Maybe if the sports don't travel off the campus. But traveling incurs additional risk.

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, I am I said:

and indoctrinating an entire generation of kids of how to fall in line, obey the orders, ‘we can protect you’, do what we say. 

I have an 8th and a 10th grader. They are in school 2 days a week. Some of the measures they are taking are just plain stupid. For instance:  you have to walk on arrows down either side of the hall. If you are walking on the right and your class is halfway down on the left side, they make the kids walk to the END OF THE HALLWAY AND DO A U-TURN instead Of cutting across to your class. 

My daughter said both ends of the hallway are bottlenecks and all the kids are crammed in there anyway, making sure-turns! I mean it’s be funny if it weren’t so stupid and bureaucratic 

You act like this is something new. Society has demanded kids fall in line for a very long time. 

• Plus1 1

This is a whole new level of conformity. 
dint chew gum, wear a hat, or start a food fight is one thing. 

restricting walking patterns, mandatory days off from school, wear a mask when running on a track at gym class when it’s 94 degrees outside...don’t follow these rules and it’s expulsion...

this isn’t “tamp down bad behavior” of usual kid annoyances, this is restriction and conformity on high levels. 

hell, they canceled football for hundreds of thousands of young men. No questions asked.  It’s wrong what they are doing to our youth. 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

You forgot about the overseers of these programs all get a 1% bonus of the total expenses for the extra programs for the extra wirk that they have to oversee.  Dont forget about the part where if they dont use the entire budget by year end they lose that portion for next year - so they conveniently have a large rush of water bottle demands during the last week of the cycle. 

This is true, the goal of any public entity is to grow larger and more powerful. I owned a compNy that did outsourced service work for our state. Most December’s were a bonanza for us as several departments had not spent their budgets. So they either made up make work projects for us or we just billed them for what They had left over and then did the work the following year. They always spent their budget because the automatic increase the next year would be based on the higher amount. My guys hated it there, the state workers were absolute expert savants on how to waste time and money. They Had one guy who spent most of his time managing the area fantasy football league. 

don’t get  me started on my experiences working with ops, it gets worse lol

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
47 minutes ago, I am I said:

This is a whole new level of conformity. 
dint chew gum, wear a hat, or start a food fight is one thing. 

restricting walking patterns, mandatory days off from school, wear a mask when running on a track at gym class when it’s 94 degrees outside...don’t follow these rules and it’s expulsion...

this isn’t “tamp down bad behavior” of usual kid annoyances, this is restriction and conformity on high levels. 

hell, they canceled football for hundreds of thousands of young men. No questions asked.  It’s wrong what they are doing to our youth. 

And all we had to do to prevent all of this from happening is wear a mask, wash our hands, and don't go out as often.

• Haha 3
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

And all we had to do to prevent all of this from happening is wear a mask, wash our hands, and don't go out as often.

Honestly not looking for an argument, don't have the time, but you keep believing that.

The "Woke" droner class is asleep.....wait, make that a coma. Sleep on, dear people, sleep on.  I am I is spot on.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 2