Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

18 hours ago, runningblind said:

That just isn't correct.  It's closer to 15-17 million more yearly than 7 over the Big XII, and the Big Ten renegotiates right after the others do to push it more.  The gap is going to remain for a while.  Push that over a decade (150-170 million) and that's your new facility.  Still think that's not a big deal?

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/report-sec-comes-in-2nd-to-big-ten-in-2019-revenue/

Sounds like your guessing the future now. So many variables. If Nebraska went back to big12 that’s 1 more prestigious program for them to negotiate better terms and 1 less for big10. If big12 added another member and added back the conference title game that’s another feather in their cap. Also your forgetting a big piece of this- Delaney will not be negotiating the next tv deal. Also you don’t think the networks will use this coronavirus “we are sitting out”. As a negotiation tool against the big10? Yes they will. Also we are losing according to Moos $100 million this year. Sounds to me like we are $100 million behind starting 2021. Hope another virus or other event doesn’t happen that the big10 cancels more seasons. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Sounds like your guessing the future now. So many variables. If Nebraska went back to big12 that’s 1 more prestigious program for them to negotiate better terms and 1 less for big10. If big12 added another member and added back the conference title game that’s another feather in their cap. Also your forgetting a big piece of this- Delaney will not be negotiating the next tv deal. Also you don’t think the networks will use this coronavirus “we are sitting out”. As a negotiation tool against the big10? Yes they will. Also we are losing according to Moos $100 million this year. Sounds to me like we are $100 million behind starting 2021. Hope another virus or other event doesn’t happen that the big10 cancels more seasons. 

The Big XII sucks.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3
14 minutes ago, knapplc said:

For someone who claims to hate politics you sure do spend a lot of time injecting MAGA talking points into conversation. 

It will be impossible to ever stop making fun of CHAZ.  Just like it will be impossible to ever stop making fun of the dorks that freak out about their freedom being violated because they have to wear a mask at Target.  

Morons need to be goofed on.  Had you only brought up CHAZ and protesters I would have made fun of the Karens and the freedom fighters.  

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

It will be impossible to ever stop making fun of CHAZ.  Just like it will be impossible to ever stop making fun of the dorks that freak out about their freedom being violated because they have to wear a mask at Target.  

Morons need to be goofed on.  Had you only brought up CHAZ and protesters I would have made fun of the Karens and the freedom fighters.  

People complain about left wingers in this thread all the time and you never respond like that. It is what it is.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
Just now, knapplc said:

People complain about left wingers in this thread all the time and you never respond like that. It is what it is.

If someone posted how all of this would be over if it wasn't for the CHAZERS and protesters...find it, show me and I will quote it and make sure they know the Karens, Freedom fighters and Olive Garder fans are also to blame.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, teachercd said:

If someone posted how all of this would be over if it wasn't for the CHAZERS and protesters...find it, show me and I will quote it and make sure they know the Karens, Freedom fighters and Olive Garder fans are also to blame.

Why do you think those are the appropriate responses to masks? 

Weird how something as non-political as a piece of cloth over your face makes you think about right wing talking points. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think you can discuss football in Covid-fall and not mention politics.  If this article is accurate, high school football decisions are made on a strictly red blue basis by state.

https://www.mlive.com/highschoolsports/2020/08/no-in-michigan-yes-in-ohio-what-states-are-doing-for-fall-high-school-football.html?ocid=uxbndlbing

Consider states like New Hampshire, which although has been voting blue, it was culturally a red state for most of its history.

• Fire 1