Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I have absolutely zero desire to go crawling back to the Big XII. It sucked last time we were there and it still sucks. It will even suck into the future. 

I guess I look at it like this...say everything was the same (Really that just means the money), I think most fans would want to go back to the Big 12 in a second.  

• Plus1 2

8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I would.  i would rather have games that are easy to get to.

Having other schools closer to NU was the best part about being in the Big 8/12. I know that there are NU fans all over the country, but the majority of NU fans are in and near Nebraska.  Everything in the Big Ten feels so far away.  There are a lot of positives about the Big Ten, but for fans who want to go to the games and events, the Big Ten makes things very challenging.

The reason that 30K NU fans (with another 10-20K outside) showed up at the CU game in Boulder is because it was close. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
17 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Having other schools closer to NU was the best part about being in the Big 8/12. I know that there are NU fans all over the country, but the majority of NU fans are in and near Nebraska.  Everything in the Big Ten feels so far away.  There are a lot of positives about the Big Ten, but for fans who want to go to the games and events, the Big Ten makes things very challenging.

The reason that 30K NU fans (with another 10-20K outside) showed up at the CU game in Boulder is because it was close. 

Yea, but CU and Mizzou are gone, two of the funnest rivalries. That takes a lot of the luster out of it for me.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Farms said:

Yea, but CU and Mizzou are gone, two of the funnest rivalries. That takes a lot of the luster out of it for me.

I get that.  I am not saying I prefer the Big 12, I am just saying the Big 12 was nice because the schools were close, and the college towns were “familiar” to Nebraska.  Ames, Lawrence, and Manhattan aren’t amazing college towns, but they are a day trip for most Nebraskans.  Whether it’s a football, basketball, volleyball, or baseball game, those are easy trips for fans to make. 

It hasn’t helped that NU has been pretty bad the past decade, so for those who do make the road trips, the long trips home sick even more after a loss. 

• Plus1 3
32 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I get that.  I am not saying I prefer the Big 12, I am just saying the Big 12 was nice because the schools were close, and the college towns were “familiar” to Nebraska.  Ames, Lawrence, and Manhattan aren’t amazing college towns, but they are a day trip for most Nebraskans.  Whether it’s a football, basketball, volleyball, or baseball game, those are easy trips for fans to make. 

It hasn’t helped that NU has been pretty bad the past decade, so for those who do make the road trips, the long trips home sick even more after a loss. 

College football is intimate...the non-conference and bowl games are for travel.  

Look at the old big ten.  Take Purdue...you were 3-5 hours to play...Indiana, NW, Illinois, MSU, Michigan, Wisconsin,  OSU and Iowa.

• Plus1 2

Really bad deal is traveling far and spending big money  to watch our guys Play and then have to endure a long drive or flight home after another butt kicking. I used to go to one away game, all home games and the bowl game, now it’s just the home games. 

loved the short drive to Manhattan and going to Harry’s and Ames going to wallaby’s knowing we would usually head home a win. 

too many good reasons to stay in the big 10

but do miss the short drives 

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

College football is intimate...the non-conference and bowl games are for travel.  

Look at the old big ten.  Take Purdue...you were 3-5 hours to play...Indiana, NW, Illinois, MSU, Michigan, Wisconsin,  OSU and Iowa.

Even the heart of the SEC schools are all pretty close to each other. All of the newer schools to the Power 5 conferences are outliers geographically and their fans have struggled with that transition.

In the long run, maybe NU fans can create their own traditions going to Big Ten cities, but the expense and time required to do so makes that challenging.

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

77 false positive tests in the NFL.  That is crazy.  These guys must be cheating on their tests.  Ha

Curious if they reported how many tests they gave to get that #?   No doubt lots of false tests nationally.  How can we really expect a good vaccine when they dont even have a reliable test yet?