Will There Be a 2020 Football Season?

Chances of a 2020 season?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Chances of a 2020 season?

• Full 12 Game Schedule
    • Shortened Season
    • No Games Played

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/12/2020 at 06:09 PM

7 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It is interesting what kind of deaths we choose to overlook, and which ones spark outrage. We're pretty inconsistent that way. American soldiers, Coast Guard and firefighters will often risk multiple lives in order to save a single life, and we generally celebrate that.  4 Americans died in Benghazi in 2012, while 951 were killed by lawnmowers. 

20 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Maybe he's right on this one. The Yacht rises from the depths of the ocean. Back into our hearts.

I have seen a few places suggesting a Thanksgiving start date as well.  If November works, why not October where the BIG could align with other conferences and be a part of the CFP.  I am not sure the benefit of having a season that runs past the CFP as it would still deem the BIG irrelevant for the 2020/2021 season.  

• Fire 1

14 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I have seen a few places suggesting a Thanksgiving start date as well.  If November works, why not October where the BIG could align with other conferences and be a part of the CFP.  I am not sure the benefit of having a season that runs past the CFP as it would still deem the BIG irrelevant for the 2020/2021 season.  

So much of this doesn't make sense.

• Thanks 2
46 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

32 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So much of this doesn't make sense.

It would be weird, but in a lot of ways it allows everyone to save face. We said we wouldn't play if students couldn't be on campus, but those non athlete students are a big risk factor. They are on campus, but last I heard the semester is ending early or at least finishing online after Thanksgiving - so they would be gone. We didn't technically prioritize athletics over education by only bringing athletes on campus, but we get to play with only the athletes on campus. 

Also the timing is in the middle - the big ten doesn't look like they have no control since it's later than we (and some other schools) wanted, but it's also sort of a win for us since it's not in the spring. Earlier would be better for sure, I think even a Halloween start would be alright. But I'd at least take Thanksgiving football over January/February any day. 

• Plus1 1